Avalide User Reviews

Avalide - User Reviews

Avalide User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avalide sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: rphillips, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 29

Has helped lower my BP. But maybe to low. I have developed dizzyness and now am having problems with my vision (blurry) My arms are also going numb at night. Had this problem with another BP drug. Would like to know if anyone else has the vision problem.

Comment from: Tioga, Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 25

Avalide controls my blood pressure problem. I never know that I have taken it.

Related Reading: Avalide

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 29

Have not had any side effects other than occasional lightheadedness if I get up too fast.

Comment from: Dee Dee, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 14

light headed, dizzy sometimes and hot flashes.

Related Reading: hot flashes

Comment from: meinkenr, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 27

How long does it take for this drug to take effect.

Comment from: Petr26, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 26

I am a 54 year old male and I have been taking 150 mg dose of Avalide (with 100mg of Tenormin) for 8 months.Side affects include dizziness, muscle cramps, tightness in chest and hands going dumb when sleeping. I have good days and bad days with the side affects. The medication has for the most part worked in keeping blood pressure low. BP before Avalide was anywhere from 160-180 over 115, it is now in the 120-130 over 80-90 range.

Related Reading: dizziness | muscle cramps

Comment from: atp2007, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 15

controlled my blood pressure essentially but I had persistent abdominal pain no matter what time of day I took it. Finally gave up and we are changing meds.

Related Reading: abdominal pain

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 27

My Dr put me on Avalide about a year ago. My pressure was in the upper 140's and the lower 80's. Initially my pressure dropped about 10 points overall but lately only about 5. Also lately I have been having tightness in my chest and my arm and hand have been going to sleep at night. I thought I was develping heart problems, Thank God I read your reviews and found a man taking Avalide that was having the exact same symptoms.I am 62 and am in good health overall I walk and use a treadmill 3 or 4 times a week.

Comment from: sunydaze33, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 14

I had muscle and joint pain, water retention, and it never did help lower my blood pressure if fact back in Nov. 2007 to this day here Feb.14th,08 I was on 125mg's and now am on 300mg's. Just took my first Avalide a few minutes ago and am feeling drowsy...won't know the other affects till later on in the week but will be back. I shall see if this is going to work for in the next 8 weeks.

Comment from: Don, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 27

I am a 50 year male in very good health for my age. I have been on Avalide for several years and have had great results with its effectiveness. My BP stays right around 116/60 with little or no side effects.

Comment from: silk, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 23

I have used Avalide for almost 20 years now & have never had to change the dose & have never had a problem. My family also has high blood pressure & every time i talk to them they are changing it & they can't seem to find the one for them. I printed out the info on Avalide Oral & mailed it to them in hopes they will ask thier Dr. to at least give it a try. I think this drug by far is the best for people with high blood pressure. When my pressure did have to be regulated due to my age change, i was put on a higher dose for a short time & then back on the owest dose. Overal, with the proper diet & exercise, i think this drug is very, very effective with no side effects at. I highly recommend Drs. try it on all thier patients first & begin with the lower dose so people can get use to it. As far as i am concerned, i would never try any other high blood pressure medicine.

Related Reading: high blood pressure