Avalide User Reviews

Avalide - User Reviews

Avalide User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avalide sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 24

Avalide never brought my blood pressure to a desireable level. Caused my tongue and lips to swell. It also made me very tired.

Comment from: jimmir, on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 10

No side effect. Lowered blood pressure.

Comment from: Ann, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 10

I have been this medication for approximately 7 years and just had the diuretic increased to 50mg. Just takes some time to adjust to lower BP only effect has been unusual tiredness but manageable

Comment from: dee, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 01

My Dr. first prescribed 300/12.5 mg dose, and it worked fine. I suggested trying the lower dose, 150/12.5 mg, and it also worked with no side effects. My only problem was the high cost of the brand name

Comment from: beejay842@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: May 03

BP normal - works better than anything I've tried in the past. No side effects for me.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 08

I had muscle and joint pain, water retention, and it never did help lower my blood pressure

Comment from: mattiesuelynne@verizon.net, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 27

I seem to have developed nagging headache symptoms since taking this drug

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 15

Have been off and on many different BP drugs for years. Avalide is the one that finally worked for me with no side effects.

Comment from: Jim, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 03

My untreated BP averages a little below below 120/80 in 24, 48, and 72 hour studies. However I do have spikes, normal, I'm told, into the range of 135/84 and also my BP is responsive to white coats. Anyway, four years ago I had my mitral valve REPAIRED (birth defect) and my cardiologist wants my BP to be below 110/70 and so the avalide. My only complaint about thisdrug is the cost.

Comment from: katzbj@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 12

Avalide has been very effective in assisting me to control my hypertension.

Comment from: bobby38, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 27

My husband is taking this medication to control his Hypertension. It is working great for that, his dose is 300/25mg. The problem is that he is 38 years old and ever since he started this med about 2 weeks ago he sometimes has difficulty getting and/or keeping an erection. It is very frustrating!! He is going to talk to the MD and get it switched ASAP! Did anyone else have this problem?

Comment from: kksway, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 12

I've had a wonderful experience with avalide. I've had no side effects and able to function each day without it interferring with my lifestyle.

Comment from: navybng, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 18

Blood pressure went from 140-150 over 90-100 to 155-120 over 72-75

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 03

Is this drug causing my hair loss? Also some cysts on my pancreaus?

Related Reading: hair loss | cysts