Avandamet User Reviews

Avandamet - User Reviews

Avandamet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avandamet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: chewy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 12

does it cause gas..im having a gas problem..i take 500mg of metformin and 2 miligrams of avandamet,at nite and it causes horrible gas...

Related Reading: avandamet

Comment from: smichel6112, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 21

Fine, no side effects at all. Have been taking for approx. 3 yrs.

Comment from: big barney, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 07

leg swelling, feet swelling , tireness all of the time . back hurt. and some bleeding in my urine.

Comment from: Jo H., 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 24

I was taking this drug for over a year. It seemed to cause swelling in my legs and feet (both), poor circul;ation ijn both legs and pain in both feet and ankles. My doctor decided that the side effects were not worth the use of the drug. He changed my RX to Janumet 50-1000MG.

Related Reading: Janumet

Comment from: diabetic from dallas, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 21

I have been taking this drug for 4 years now....seems to make my ankles swell some and I'm a little less active in the bedroom now.This drug seems to effect my ENTIRE life with my wife.I feel the side effects are worse than the effects.This is my non-professional opinion....stay away.

Comment from: Concerned citizen, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: May 17

Why was this medication prescribed to my former husband? Yes, he was Type 2 diabetic AND high blood pressure and high cholestrol. We was also obese and drank alcoholic beverages at least 2-4 times/week. He had ALL the reasons NOT to be prescribed this medication and now he's dead at 56 (immediate; heart attack as indicated on the death certificate). This is a potentially dangerous medication!

Related Reading: high blood pressure | heart attack

Comment from: popeye, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 18

Started taking Avandamet 2/500 about 2 years ago and for 16 months it woked fine. Then my AC1 went to 7, so the doctor increased to 4/500. I start to gain weight and had swelling in my legs and hands. Switched back to 2/500, but no good.Still had swelling. Went to the doctor today and he has switched me to Janumet which we will give it a shot.

Comment from: Donna, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 14

I was on this medication for six months, I can't say that it was what caused me to have all kinds of infection, but its a good bet that it was. My body felt like it was very acid and I itched all the time---when I stopped taking it I immediately felt like I was going to live! That's no joke, I told my husband I thought this might be the beginning of the end for me. After being off of it for a month and a half, the doctor persuaded me to go back on it, after one week all the old symptoms came back! Yes, you guessed it I quit again and never will go back on it.

Comment from: toram, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 10

horrible horrible drug causes hand and foot fractures in diabetic women! After 3 months on this med I suffered a stress fracture in my left foot. I have never broken a bone prior to this and walked 2miles/day for over 20 years. 7 weeks in a cast and on crutches and now I am in physical therapy to relearn how to walk. This is a dangerous medication! Please read the side effects before taking this medication.

Related Reading: stress | fracture

Comment from: LauraD, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 31

Since taking this medication, I am sick all day from the side effects. All of them. If this medicine causes heart failure, why is it still allowed to be sold to patients who need the help in controling blood sugar, not dieing early.

Related Reading: heart failure