Avandia User Reviews

Avandia - User Reviews

Avandia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avandia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Ebonybull, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 18

Experiences edema in lower extremities and profuse sweating during normal activities. Discontined use due to risks.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 26

I have constantly gained weight and the effectiveness has decreased. I am of Avandia now and I am using Byetta which works much better and I am losing weight

Comment from: Vera, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 03

I need a generic brand for Avandiamet

Comment from: dcnjim, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 14

I just stopped Avandia and switched,by Dr. to ACTOS. Blood sugar numbers were erratic without any reason, though overall dropped a bit. Problems with possible potassium retention causing multiple leg cramps, sometimes several times/day. Very concerned about FDA reports even though Dr. dismissed them as "rumor" and "bad research."

Comment from: Panjay, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 27

Started taking 4 mg avandia 2 times a day because I was told that I have diabeties. I exercise regularly - 3 times a week (walk on treadmill 2 miles, and some weights), My A1C was 8.5 when started, now it is 6.7. But I feel very tired and has shortness of breath. Dr. told me that the Cardiologist are recommending to switch to another medicine like Actos but I am not sure. My diabetes seems to be in Control but my heart and my ankle (hairline fracture) does not seem to heal.

Related Reading: diabetes | fracture

Comment from: ramonab, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 16

I am a 28 year old female. I have been taking Avandia 4 mg a day for about 7 months now. It didn't work for the first few months but now my A1C level is below 7.0 so it has done its job. No side effect. It has also helped my mother too.

From WebMD