Avapro User Reviews

Avapro - User Reviews

Avapro User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avapro sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 24

I have been taking this medication for two weeks. I could sleep 15 hours and still wake up feeling exhausted. My blood pressure is better, so I am hoping the extreme fatigue will go away.

Related Reading: sleep | fatigue

Comment from: Kimberly, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 30

This medication has effectively lowered my bloodpressure. I had some slight tiredness at first but adjusted to the medication quickly and was back to normal in about 2 weeks.

Comment from: Seshafi, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 30

This drug was far too strong for my condition; after only 6 days I was weak, fatigued with extreme heaviness in my legs all the time. I was disoriented and could not think or function mentally. It lowered my pressure too much, to dangerous levels. Should only be taken with extreme caution and the oversight of a COMPETENT physician.

Comment from: Heartburn2202, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 31

Been on 300mg for 2 weeks after switching from Diovan. Blood pressure went from 190/110 to 130/70 in 24 hours, so it does work well; however, my side effects are heart palpitations (pulse is 126-130 as soon as I wake up in the morning), severe heartbearn, nausea and dry heaves, major loss of appetite, tiredness and sluggishness and decrease in sexual desire. Changing to half a pill per day to see how it works.

Related Reading: Diovan | palpitations

Comment from: Dorothy, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 29

Have been taking for several years now and bp is fine. However, have experienced double vision for awhile, soon after taking drug. Also experiencing severe back, shoulder and neck pain now but not sure if this is related to drug.

Related Reading: double vision | neck pain

Comment from: annrmartin@sbcglobal.net, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 06

Several other blood pressure medications did not work or had untenable side effects. Avapro works and has no side effects

Comment from: d_flash, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 30

would like a generic avapro, on afixed income and could save some money...

Comment from: verbatimrptg, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 25

Was on this med for about 2-1/2 months when I realized that it was causing extreme pain, in my lower body mostly, and severe muscle weakness. It was only because I play tennis regularly that I finally realized it was the drug causing such weakness in my legs that I could no longer run. Otherwise I would have continued to believe the problem was being caused by my back issues. After being off the drug for about a week and a half, muscles were pretty much back to normal.

Comment from: betsyb, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 16

I tried 8 other BP meds which all had serious side-effects before trying Avapro at the suggestion of a co-worker. Took Avaapro 150mg 1/day and within 3 days my BP was stable at 120/70. Have been on it for over 5 years. Absolutely no side- effects that others have mentioned. Each drug works differently so keep trying to find the right one for you. I did and I am so glad to have found Avapro.

Comment from: Blood Presure Boy, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 16

I feel very Tired on this drug. Is that normal?

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 15

Avapro has worked very well for me. I was previously taking Diovan and it was not getting my blood pressure under control. My doctor switched me to Avapro and now my blood pressure is doing much better.