Avastin User Reviews

Avastin - User Reviews

Avastin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avastin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 07

I wasn't expecting wet AMD at 55 years old and have had 2 shots since January'08.The first shot triggered high anxiety because of ignorance. A detailed video on instruments and procedure would be appreciated by newbies(Internet info sorely lacking);possibly, on-site sedation option. Also, my cornea was scratched the first time which gave me piercing sensitivity(pain)to light and blinking until the next day in spite of eye drops. The 2nd shot on Mar.31: after effects similar to red eye allergy feel of itchiness and dryness for 2 days;felt relief w/eyedrops.Increased sleep for 3 days due to eye strain. Results after first Avastin shot show 5 line increase in eye chart, decreased 'grid' warping, and central 'grey blotch' lightening.I am very happy w/the results and look forward to new fotos of the macula in May.

Related Reading: anxiety | eye allergy | sleep

Published: March 26

They say older people get Age related macular degeneration, so naturally being 25 years old, and hearing I have it, scared me. When my eye dr. said you need to see a specialist, I will be honest, I was thinking take these drops see you in a week for a check up. Instead I had to choose that day if i wanted a needle stuck in my eye or laser treatment, I started to cry, the whole thought of someone sticking a needle in my eye freaked me out more then anything. But, as of today, I have had two shots and even my doc said that I can read one line better on the effected eye. Personally, I can tell the blurry spot is decreasing in size, and i have noticed my headaches decreasing as well. I can only hope between now and my third scheduled shot that it goes totally away! I can hope right.

Related Reading: macular degeneration

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 09

I have a retina disorder similar to ARWMD. I've had more than 20 injections of Avastin over the last 3 years. The thought of the injection is much more frightening than the injection itsself. For my condition, there are really no other good options. Thanks to the Avastin, I have retained some of my central vision for at least 2 years longer than expected, so it is absolutely worth it. I'm really grateful that this drug became available. I always have some tenderness and irritation in the eye for a few days, but have experienced no major problems.

Related Reading: Avastin

Comment from: bonnie@hycoinc.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 11

I started this med for metstatic breast cancer which has traveled to my bones (spine, hip, lower back & right shoulder). I have been taking this for approx. 5 months. After 3 months my tumor markers went from 257 to 98 & 6.4 to 3.8. Side effects are terrible, bloody nose, bleeding gums, weight loss, taste in mouth, tiredness fungus of nails,sores in mouth etc. But if it helps me I'm willing to continue the chemo, avastin & bone IVS.

Related Reading: breast | cancer | tumor

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 08

I have just had my first injection and week ago. I still have some redness. As others say it is really scary, not knowing what to expect. I do wish the caregivers would explain the procedure better. Not much pain. I think I can see better, or could be wishful thinking. Will know more after the next two shots...

Comment from: moonstep, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 14

I've had my first Avista treatment only 3 days ago therefor my rating may not be fair and I'll review it at a later time. The treatment was terrifying, it involved many drops of different numbing and antibiotic meds but, the worse part was the injection of Avista into my eye. Actually it did Not hurt at all just as the Dr. promised, it was the knowing of what was going to happen, an injection into my eye. The aftermath was some redness and tenderness and a little pain when blinking and a little swelling but I am fine. So far I can't tell any difference in my condition.

Comment from: Amazed, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 08

I am currently on Avastin for recurrent Ovarian Cancer. I took it once before and it worked well and Ca-125 went down and tumors shrunk. The doctor took me off and my tumors returned after 3 months. My doctor, (a new one) put me back on Taxol/Carbo and it did nothing, a waste of my time. I am now back on Avastin and my Ca count went down 58 points after on treatment. This is an excellent drug if you are fortunate enough to not experience the clots. My side effects include easy bruising and neck and shoulder stiffness. Also if you have had a previous joint issue, that joint will stiffen.

Related Reading: Ovarian Cancer | Taxol