Avastin User Reviews

Avastin - User Reviews

Avastin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avastin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: cms@bendtel.net, 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 20

Have experienced some side effects after each treatment. Causes joint irritation and some swelling for several days.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 16

I spent 8 months on this and other drugs in a clinical trial. It worked very well at reducing the tumor sizes. I will be starting on it again for a maintainence dose.

Comment from: Phyllisoct, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 18

Only had one treatment; I can see more out of the affected eye than before the treatment. Am wondering about others' experiences with this condition and treatment.

Comment from: Tom, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 10

I am having my third treatment this week. I have not had any appreciable side effects that I am aware of. I have been on chemo for over a year and my oncologist has just added this medication.

Comment from: MARIE TASSINARI, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 09

I HAVE HAD AN EXCELLENT EXPERIANCE WITH AVASTIN

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 06

have just begun treatment, curious about others reaction to treatment

Comment from: George, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 03

I am 73 yrs. old and have (AMD) "WET". I have had three shots in my left eye and although the AVASTIN shots stopped the bleeding, my vision has improved only marginally. I am well pleased with the shot procedure(no pain at all) and glad that the bleeding has almost stopped.

Comment from: loucaf, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 06

Continued neuropathy in hands and feet after full regiment treatment. I am on Avastin only for the last 5 months joint pain and shoulder is severe. Taking arthritis medication due to Avastin caused high blood pressure. Stopped meds for athritis seek rheumatologist to find one med that doesn't cause high blood pressure. Helps tolerate shoulder and joint pain from severe to moderate which is more tolerable. The normal arthritic meds took joint pain completely away but not worth the risk of high blood pressure issues aka stroke. Trying to keep meds to a minumum is important while taking Avastin because the colon cancer spread to my liver and lungs and I know I have to watch med intake because of liver damage due to prior chemo treatments.

Related Reading: arthritis | high blood pressure | stroke

Comment from: bobbabb, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 24

This medicine caused a fatal pulmonary hemorrage.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 18

I've been on avastin and abraxane for st.4 breast mets to spine,neck,on lung etc.going on my 5th month. I also had radiation at the same time,which was the worst for me. My tumor markers went from 200 down to 71 as of last week.Blurred vision and pain behind eye and boney pain but I don't take pain killers as I'm allergic to most of them. MMy blood has been fine and few side effects. So far I think it's working. I go for another cat scan of the chest on Monday. Hey, I'm still alive and kicking!

Related Reading: abraxane

Comment from: eyes for life, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 06

The avastin shot has work a lot better for me than the lucentis shots. They lasted for 6 to 8 months where the lucentis only lasted 1 month.

Related Reading: lucentis