Avastin User Reviews

Avastin - User Reviews

Avastin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avastin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: SusanE1104, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 25

I have had seven IV treatments of Avastin in the past three months. I have stage 4 breast cancer and had a tumor in my liver. After four treatments the tumor had died and there were no new ones. My tumor marker had gone up to 50 however. After two more treatments the marker was down to 41. I have had some stomach pain but nothing serious. I have a bloody nose which is just irritating. Four of my fingernails have separated from my fingers about halfway back, and it looks like the same is going to happen with some toenails. My blood pressure went up and I'm on medication for that. I'm getting taxol too, so it's difficult to tell which drug is causing some of the side effects I've had such as low white cells and low sodium,etc.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: betsy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 29

my father received this treatment and one week later lost than feeling in the outside edges of his hands and feet, three weeks later he became disoriented and lost his ability to balance and walk. He has been confined to a wheelchair ever since. The doctors haven't had enough experience with this drug to know what happened, but he was once a functioning, working man with cancer, now he is unable to work or walk.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 26

I have been taking this drug for 30 months. After 2 years, my blood pressure soared but is now is controlled. Otherwise, I think it is a very kind drug with good results. My cancer is under control. I am a 11 year surviver of 2 primary bc tumors and one recurrance.

Comment from: DH, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 17

My mother was on this drug as her first line treatment (along with a different oral drug). She took this drug from Sept.-December and another PET scan showed no reduction in cancer cells. Her cancer had actually progressed. She never experienced any side effects when she was on it.

Comment from: avastin, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 09

hello, I have been getting this therapy for about 4 months and the side effects are the worst ever. since I've been getting avastin, I have had, besides the hand and feet neropathy, uncontrolled nose bleeds. I have been in twice in the past week for nasal cauterization with silver nitrate, which is like snorting pepper, with no help. am supposed to change drugs this monday, will let you know if it helps and what it is. (chemo-brain has erased the name for now!)

Comment from: on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 16

Has helped my condition although has had side effects.

Comment from: 3-6 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 30

My daughter passed away from taking Avastin. It gave her a bad stroke and a painful death. I don't recommend.

Cancer