Avelox User Reviews

Avelox - User Reviews

Avelox User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avelox sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 19

I had horrible side effects. I woke up 5 hours after taking avelox with chest pains. It has now been 1 week since taking this drug. I have inflamed cartilage and tendons. In the possible side effects they list this as extremely rare. I'm not sure about that because I only took one pill and I am still paying the price. I have yet to find out if I will have any permanent damage. I would give this medication zero stars if I could.

Related Reading: avelox

Comment from: Matt, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 02

Here is my story with Avelox: There is no other medication that I have taken that has been so effective in knocking out infection quickly. This does, however, come at a price of side effects. If you EDUCATE yourself about this drug, you will know how to avoid some/most of these effects. This drug stimulates your central nervous system. Do not take in too many stimulants like nicotine, caffeine, etc you will likely have tremors or palpitations. You may feel nervous due to the CNS stimulation, exercise if possible or find ways to relax. Depending on your dosing, if possible, take this in the morning or early evening with food to prevent insomnia. A BIG POINT HERE- avelox interacts with tons of other medications or foods. Read up on this, but a serious complication is Long QT syndrome. If you have any heart problems in general, bring these up with your doctor to ensure that avelox will not interfere. Beta blockers can cause arrhythmia with avelox. It is not your doctors fault if you don't read the packet with the your prescription and do not bring these issues up. This is a potent drug, doctors (most) don't throw this around unless they believe your condition warrants it. This WILL give most people side effects. Also, please do not give a negative review after taking an antibiotic for 2 days... typical cases don't see symptom relief for several days. Take with a small bit of food, and expect moderate cramping. Broad spectrum antibiotics kill a lot of of species of bacteria, which includes the ones on your intestines used to digest food.

Related Reading: nicotine | tremors | palpitations

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

the scariest reaction I have ever had to an antibiotic...took it for 2 days and then had to change to another one because the side effects were awful...dizziness, tremors, elevated BP, nervousness. And I've never had any similar type of reaction to medication, ever.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

I had terrible side effects, they were as followed: isomnia, dizziness, diarria, weakness and numbness on left side of body, stomach upset, headaches,nausea, vomiting, pale, elevated blood pressure...I took this medication for 5 days and from day one it started. I went to the emergency room and complained that I was having an allergic reation to this medication. They treated me, then two days later I experienced effects like as if I was having a stroke and then returned to the emergency room and underwent a variety of tests. They gave me medicine for the dizziness but the headache persists still.

Related Reading: stroke | headache

Comment from: jimmyjohn, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 21

Before taking this medication I read the reviews on this website and I was SCARED to death to take it. I waited about 24 hours to think about it before I actually took it. I did end up taking the medication and had absolutely NO side effects whatsoever. My infection is totally gone (which I had for around 6 months and augmentin couldn't get rid of). Despite what people say, this medication IS safe but do be aware that a very small percentage of the population do have an allergy to it. Just know what the symptoms are and know what to do should you have a reaction.

Related Reading: augmentin | allergy

Comment from: Carol, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 20

I got a nasty cold and it developed into a bad sinus infection with slight rattling in my chest. my physician started me on 500mg Clarithromycin twice daily. Did not help at all. I was miserable four full days into the Clarithromycin. Was then prescibed Avelox 400mg once a day. Had never heard of this antibiotic? Read reviews from many bloggers who had taken this drug and was quite hesitant and a bit fearful to take it. Some very frightening stories out there. I have completed my 3rd day on a 10 day script. I have yet to experience any side effects, mild or severe. I already feel so much better. I am a female in her late forties. Very physically & mentally fit. I am on no other medications for my health or current lifestyle. My sinus headache was gone the very first day taking the medication and the sinus pressure in my face has subsided. The head congestion is lessening and I am coupling an over the counter cold/decogestant with the Avelox. I have sleptlike a baby, no joint or leg pain, no diarrehea, dizziness, heart palpitations, hallucinations etc. I believe if these symptoms were to occur for me, they would of presented themselves by this point.I have seven more pills to take over a seven day period. Although I understand that others have had a negative experience with this drug, I would like to share that it has only been positive for me, thus far. If side effects should occur, I will update this comment/review.

Related Reading: sinus infection | sinus headache