Avelox User Reviews

Avelox - User Reviews

Avelox User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avelox sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jamie, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 13

One thing you must realize with this medication and I've found to work ALL the time...drink LOTS of water and take with food. I mean at least 30ozs. of water and something substantial to eat. The first time I ever took it, I only drank about 6 ozs of water. I felt numb and flushed and really strange. I ask questions and investigated futher...and the answer was WATER and FOOD!

Comment from: Nick, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 22

After 30 mins of taking the first dose, I was a nervous wreck. I was dizzy, lethargic, and sick to my stomach. This stuff does something to your mind, I don't feel like myself at all. I am up to day 4 and will not continue after today. The FDA should double check this one!

Comment from: Texasgal, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 26

Due to severe allergies I have had at least 200 sinus infections in my life. I am a 60 yr. old female in excellent health other than pollen allergies. I had a severe sinus infection due to overuse of antihistimines and decongestants during a horrible cedar pollen season. High fever and miserable. Within 24 hours the fever was gone. In 4 days I was feeling better, not well but better. My doctor had taken a sinus Xray and put me on avelox for 20 days. This is the second time I have taken this drug due to the fact the more widely accepted amtibiotics for sinus infections quit working for me years ago. The only issue I have had is that the first day I did not eat enough before I took this drug and threw it up in about 15 minutes after taking it. MAKE SURE you take this medication with food....soup did not sufficiently work to keep it from making me sick. If you do the research what people write about this drug may scare you. Make sure your doctor knows what other meds you are on. Avelox is the most effective drug I have ever taken for severe sinus infections but the possible side effects are scary to read about. I took my one pill a day dosage after lunch and that seemed to work better for me than after breakfast. I did continue to work out but did so lightly and did not have any issues but my doctor warned me to be very careful about strenuous exercise.

Related Reading: fever

Comment from: much better now, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 05

I wound up in the E.R. with a bp of 225 over 110. I had shakes and heart palpitations and severe dizziness along with pressure in my chest. I will never take this drug again.

Comment from: myjessie, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 30

Had to take 2 courses to get rid of the sinus infection but, was plagued by the "rare" side effect of tendon damage. Bursitis in my right shoulder. bakers cyst behind my left knee and overall body aches.

Related Reading: Bursitis

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 24

This drug has made feel worse. The side effects are awfull. Feel sick to my stomach after taking it, Have the shakes, can't sleep.

Comment from: nuttingup, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

DON'T TAKE AVELOX!!! I am experiencing SEVERE AND DEBILITATING anxiety, agitation, and insomnia with wacked-out-intense thoughts of doom. It's also causing a racing heart, abdominal cramping, mucous filled stools, tingling in my hands, dry eyes, and eye floaters. Websites like this, I would have gone to the ER tonight. I have NEVER experienced side effects like this before...I thought I was going NUTS! I have been on the med for 9 days and have experienced the side effects since day 2. The nervous system problems are the worst and most intense-very scary-! I am AVERAGING 3-4 hours of sleep at night. Won't be taking that last pill-I'll put in in the toilet so it will die a SLOW, HUMILIATING DEATH!!! Since I cannot sleep-and now that I know I'm not crazy-I am going to post this on every website available tonight.

Related Reading: anxiety | insomnia | dry eyes

Comment from: strangelove, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 15

It`s my second day on Avelox for my chronic sinus infection, Im 26 female, first time taking it, never felt so strange except for prednisone a yeah ago. The first 30 min after taking this pill, I felt like I was either drunk or high on something, didnt know how to explain the symptoms, but after reading the comments, I must say i was experiencing alot of what was mentioned; very dry mount, could not stop drinking water, would wake up in the middle of the night to drink, dizzy, nervousness, shaky, loss of appetite, was not able to digest food normally, felt like i was full all the time, acid reflux, Im not gona take my third pill, i think this is way to strong and would rather let my own body fight this off, will try to boost my immune system with natural foods like garlic which is great to fight off infections. would not recommend this for someone who`s life is not threathend by an infection, its just not worth it.. Doc. should warn you about side effects and if they dont listen to your concerns then they dont really care. so No more Avelox for me, I hope the side effects go away. Thanx for all the comments I couldnt realise what was wrong with me untill i read your reviews.