Avelox User Reviews

Avelox - User Reviews

Avelox User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avelox sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: November 01

I would take the medication and my face would turn flush and my body felt hot all day long. I was miserable!

Comment from: LC, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 22

I was prescribed this drug after an unsuccessful round of the Z pack. Although it cleared up my sinus infection the seven days that I was on it were scary. I was extremely dizzy, shaky, and anxious. I also lost my appetite. It made me so nervous that I was actually afraid to go to sleep at night for fear of not waking up in the morning ( I know, ridiculous, but that is how it made me feel). I will not use this drug again.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 21

I am a healthy, very active 46 year old who wishes I had not taken this drug. I have taken 2 400mg pills and within 1 hour of the day 2 pill was in the emergency room. my symptoms were rapid heart beat, dizziness, tremers and shaking uncontrollably. I have NEVER had a drug reaction like this in my life. consider other drugs before you take avalox.

Comment from: sentrarob, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 28

This medication caused me to loose my physical coordination, changed my thought processes, and almost killed me!! This is a highly "TOXIC" antibiotic.

Comment from: JOJO, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 24

It cleared the infection but i used it along with a nasl spray and cough syrup. I experienced fatigue,dry mouth,always tired while on it. The 3rd day stomach upset lack of appatite. I lost 5 pounds that 10 day streach , not complaining about that but how i lost it , Yeah.. pain in the right hand, some ringing in the ears. Side effects are awful i thought it was all in my head so i finished the 10 days, but it did clear up the infection. Would i take it again, NO ,i dont think so ...

Related Reading: cough | fatigue | dry mouth

Comment from: psychrn65, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 14

Everyone on here had so many bad things to say that I was reluctant to take it. I had used it once before for bronchitis and it worked like a charm, but ya'll still scared me to death. I read all about the drug, what not to mix it with, and the possible side effects. I talked to my doctor and he said that he had prescribed it MANY time with NO ONE ever having any problems. So I took it again. Day 3 and I feel well enough to go back to work. Before I started, I felt like death warmed over. Now I feel 100% better. This drug is not like Tylenol...it is a fluroquinolone abx. It is not to be taken lightly. There are a lot of potential drug interactions and you have to be fully informed about it before you take it...but for the second time, I think it is a miracle drug. I am grateful to the makers for a drug that works so quickly (instead of trying multiple abx before you find one that works). Overall, you should read up on it THOROUGHLY, be careful what you take with it, and watch for side effects (a lot of people have quinolone allergies). But, for me, I LOVE IT!!!

Related Reading: Tylenol

Comment from: PSP, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 07

I had this pointless, dry, unproductive cough for about a month - no congestion, no runny nose, just a cough. It was just a tickle in my throat, which would make me start coughing very hard, almost choking me. Went to my doctor, who said it was just allergies. Last week, woke up with a fever and sore throat. Was concerned about the flu, so I went in to a walk-in clinic. Tested for the flu's - negative. X-rayed for fluid in my lungs - all clear. Doc said the cough was due to bronchitis/rhinitus (infection), and perscribed Avelox and MethylPREDNIsolone. This was a few days ago and I have since become congested, with a productive cough, which is probably normal. The 2 combined has been quite interesting. The prednisone tends to keep me up. The Avelox makes me feel kinda loopy, dizzy, disconnected. I don't normally experience such side effects with antibiotics, so I'm wondering what this drug is! I also noticed when I drink lots of water and take it with food, I don't feel as odd.

Related Reading: sore throat | flu

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 28

Took for 3 days. Severe side effects: dizziness, shortness of breath, runny nose, disorientation, short tempered, vision problems, diarrhea and heart palpitations. When I picked up my prescription, the pharmacist made it clear that she felt this might be the wrong drug for me since I have a history of atrial fibrillation. I rechecked with my doctor who assured me that it was "fine". Should have listened to the pharmacist!! The first two days I thought I was gonna die - the 3rd day I was afraid I wasn't! Needless to say I have quit taking this drug and hope the effects will subside.

Related Reading: diarrhea | atrial fibrillation