Avinza User Reviews

Avinza - User Reviews

Avinza User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avinza sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Fibroweary, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 23

I am a severe fibro/myofacial pain/chronic fatigue patient with alot of other illnesses that has been on Avinza 90mg for 1 1/2+ yrs. Before that was methadaone 2 yrs, oxycodone 2 yrs. I am trying to get my doctor to lower the dosage of Avinza to work myself off of the meds. I have internal problems coming about because of the pain meds. He doesn't want to lower the Avinza. My pain is so severe but there has to be another way. I have noticed this med was great at first but over time has robbed me of a sexual drive, my memory loss has gotten so much worse because of the morphine. I seem to be more depressed, don't laugh or have as many emotions or talk as much. It is very scarey to be a prisoner of pain meds and have a doctor at any time take them away. Also to find another doctor if you move is a nightmare. I am very blessed to have had doctors with fibro in their families so they understand. The best doctor was an older doctor with an herbal remady which I did not give a good enough try. I am also very blessed to have a husband that understands and helps out around the house when I am in a flare up. There truely has to be another way. In Jesus name I pray for all of us.

Related Reading: fatigue | Avinza | sexual

Comment from: twocheck, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 10

My original back injury started from a ladder accident while working as a firefighter in 1982. I have always had back pain but I kept working as a firefighter for seven more years, since I did not want to give up on that profession but eventually common sense won out. I am so thankful now that I did not injure another person with that decision. 20/20 hindsight tells me that it wasn't one of the best decisions I have made. Anyway I have had several surgeries and procedures and taken numerous drugs and patches. Some pain killers worked but knocked me out and I still wanted to function within some degree of normal. Some of the pain killers and the patches did not help at all. The Avinza has been the first pain killer that has helped with over 50% of the pain, to me that is a tremendous help, and let me function. My biggest complaints are the side affects including feelings of nauseu, increased bleeding, and constipation. The oddest side effect to me was the fact that it makes me feel better pain wise but has made me much more short-tempered. I always considered myself fairly calm but I now have a short fuse which seems counter productive to the relief I have received from this medication. All in all I would still recommend this to anyone in similar situations. I have found out in the 26 years of pain that there are a lot of us sufferin with chronic pain but do not try to compare yourself to anyone else and do not feel to sorry for yourself because you do not have to look far to see someone a whole lot worse off than yourself. Good Luck.

Related Reading: constipation | chronic pain

Comment from: ali-catt@live.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 07

AFTER A LONG,EXTENSIVE TESTING AND SEEING NUMEROUS DOCTORS,I WAS FINALLY DIAGNOSED.THE SPECIALIST SAID,YOU HAVE FIBROMYALGIA,ITS NOT GOOD BUT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.I DONT KNOW,BUT I DO KNOW THIS DISEASE ROBS YOU OF YOUR LIFE.I WAS ON PAIN MEDS THAT MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS FREAKED OUT,BUT, IT HELPED WITH THE PAIN.I WAS FEELING LOST,HOPELESS AND EVERYONE NOTICED THE CHANGE.I FINALLY BEGGED THE DOCTOR,TO ONCE AGAIN,CHANGE MY MED.WELL,HE DID,HE GAVE ME AVINZA.BUT WHAT NEITHER ONE OF KNEW,WAS I WAS ABOUT TO GET 95% OF MYSELF BACK.WITH THE 1st DOSE,I STARTED TO FEEL BETTER,A LOT BETTER.AVINZA NOT ONLY HELPS GREATLY WITH THE PAIN,BUT,YOU FEEL LIKE YOU AGAIN,AND I FEEL LIKE I WON THE LOTTERY.IF YOU FEEL LOST FROM YOUR MEDS AND YOU HAVE FIBRO,ASK YOUR DR. ABOUT AVINZA,YOU MAY GET YOUR LIFE BACK TOO! ALI MUSOLINO,PA.

Related Reading: FIBROMYALGIA

Comment from: Red, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

My life for the passed 10-15yrs...0-4 hrs of a good day...my life was control by pain and fatigue...I now have 12 plus hrs of good day...I can actually want to get up in the morning...I still get up stiff...but not in chronic pain...I call it a blessing

Comment from: las2008, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 26

From the time I was around 35 yrs. old I had constant back pain and limitations.When I turnrd 39 the pain got so bad that I could not concentrate on anything but my lower back and the pain. I went to a Neurosurgeon who did find 1 lower disk that had ruptured and absessed. He had no other option, but to do surgery. Even though he fixed that problem I had many more .I am 45 now and I have Skulliosis, Osteoarthritis,Spinal Stenosis, Osteoperosis, and on top of all of that I have more than 6 disks that are buldging due to the stenosis. I have taken every pain killer that I know of like, Hydrocodone, Percocet, Roxicodone, demeral,Dilatah,Oxycontin, So many I can not remember, but I found a Dr. that introduced me to Avinza 120 mg. er and morphine sulphate 15mg . I take Avinza 1 time a day and the morphine sulphate 2 times a day, and i have to say I have never felt this good sinse My back has been bothering me.I often forget that my back is even hurt.I hope I can keep this Dr. and this Medication from now on.I tell every one that has a good back "Please do not take it for granite" I would give up everything that I have that I didn"t have to have to survive to have a good back again.

Related Reading: Osteoarthritis | Percocet | Roxicodone