Avinza User Reviews

Avinza - User Reviews

Avinza User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avinza sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: deb47868, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 20

I have sever fibromyaliga and the pain is constant. The Avinza has helped so much, to the point of making my life a little more comfortable

Comment from: pita1003, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 23

Suffer from severe back pain and this medicine works the best for me. Have tried many, and this is the best.

Comment from: REDFIREANT1, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 24

IF YOU GO TO THE AVINZA WEBSITE, YOU CAN GET A CARD THAT WILL PAY UP TO $50.00 ON 6 PRESCRIPTIONS. EVEN IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE IT WILL STILL PAY. THIS IS THE BEST MEDICINE I HAVE FOUND FOR MY ABDOMEN PAIN. I'VE HAD 7 SURGERIES ON MY LOWER ABDOMEN FOR DIFFERENT PROBLEMS AND WITHOUT AVINZA I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO FUNCTION.

Comment from: Bunny, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 15

I have had disabilitating fibromyalgia for ten years. After two years on Avinza, I am returning to Work part-time. What an incredible thing! My physician has combined this medicine with a breakthrough pain reliever (vicodin), a sleeping aid (Lunesta) and exercise. In the past, my physician and I have tried many different drugs and different drug combinations to treat my fibromyalgia and finally this is the one that works for me. I have not increased my dosage during the entire two years!

Related Reading: vicodin | Lunesta

Comment from: alert, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 21

I take this for the pain of Fibromyalgia and it has been a lifesaver. I take it every morning and I can function like a real person. Without it, I am in such pain that all I can do is curl up and cry just as I did before I had this. When I do run out and haven't refilled my Script, I am fine for 1 or maybe 2 days; but by the 3rd day, I am unable to do anything productive whatsoever. I have never felt any sort of side effect whatsoever. In fact, aside from the fact that without it I am miserable, I would never know that I have had anything. It just works for me. However, the arthritis pain which I also have, it does not touch at the current dosage whatsoever.

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: redfireant, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 27

I TAKE AVINZA 120mg AND HAVE BEEN ON IT SINCE 2-21-08. I HAVE CHRONIC PAIN IN MY ABDOMEN CAUSED BY HAVING 9 SURGERIES. I HAVE MULTIPLE ADHESIONS AND NERVE DAMAGE. IT HELPS WITH THE PAIN, BUT MAKES ME NAUSEAUS. *GINGER CANDY HELPS WITH NAUSEA* IT ALSO MAKES ME VERY CONSTIPATED. *AMITIZA AND OMEGA 3 SUPPLEMENTS HELP WITH CONSTIPATION* I'VE BEEN ON ALL KINDS OF PAIN MEDS, BUT AVINZA IS THE ONLY ONE THAT HELPS ME FUNCTION SOMEWHAT NORMALLY. WHEN I HAVE REALLY BAD DAYS, I HAVE TO TAKE AN (I.R.) INSTANT RELEASE MORPHINE PILL 15mg, I HAVE AT LEAST 1 BAD DAY A WEEK. I MAKE SURE TO TAKE A *MILK THISTLE* SUPPLEMENT EVERYDAY BECAUSE IT HELPS DETOXIFY MY LIVER AND KIDNEYS...(*AVINZA CAN BE BAD ON YOUR LIVER AND KIDNEYS*).

Related Reading: AMITIZA | LIVER

Comment from: strattin, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 19

I have had chronic back pain on and off for most of my life due to scoliosis and spinal fusion with a Herrington rod. Recently, the discomfort had become constant and resulted in taking vicodin or percoset. I would take vioodin 5mg once every 2 hours when things were very bad and sometimes more. I was concerned about becoming addicted to hydrocodone and saw a pain specialist. He told me about the long term effects of chronic pain on the brain and on the limitations to activity and enjoyment of life, so with a different perspective, I decided to try Avinza. After only 2 days, I am much happier and have reduced the need for vicodin dramatically! The long term systemic effects of morphine on the body are actually minimal (especially compared to the other ingredients in vicodin and other pain meds.) I will gladly trade a "tolerance" to morphine and take it the rest of my life to the misery of living with chronic pain! I look forward to dialing in the dose of Avinza that provides relief most of the time and then taking vicodin as needed (minimally!) for the breakthru pain. Enjoying everyday activities, being pleasant to my wife and kids, living with minimal discomfort is life changing both for me and for my family. Chronic pain is devestating. Having to take morphine to control the pain and getting my life back is...priceless!

Related Reading: scoliosis