Avinza User Reviews

Avinza - User Reviews

Avinza User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avinza sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: LAURA4816, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 10

6 BACK SURGERIES, FUSION OF BACK FROM TOP TO BOTTOM, AND WONDERFUL FIBRO, WHICH IS PURE ----, AND IF YOU HAVE IT YOU KNOW

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 26

Have been using approximately 6 months as a replacement medication for severe neck and upper spine pain. Has been a very effective treatment and no side effects

Comment from: texasfizzil, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 02

Before taking Avinza, the only relief I ever got from extended relief medications was duragesic patches. But my skin could not take the irritation. Other morphine based meds didn;t work. I am happy with my current plan.

Related Reading: duragesic

Comment from: Swimmymom@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 27

I am on 370mg/day of Avinza. I am also taking Ultracet for breakthrough pain,skelaxin, and epidural injections every 3-4 months.I'm also on several other meds to treat depression from the chronic ongoing pain. I am diagnosed with Fibromyalgia,Ankylosing Spondylitis and have 4 herniated discs and 6 pinched nerves. Avinza has been a tremendous help. I love the fact that I can function very normally with no side effects to my state of mind.Unfortunately, the profuse sweating is a killer. I am in capri-pants and short sleeves when the weather is 50 degrees out in NY.My hair is constantly in ringlets which is embarrasing. But, the pain control is wonderful. So..I guess it's pain or sweat?? I also have the constipation but, if i take Miralax EVERY day, I'm fine. I've been on Humira and am going to start IV Remicade soon. I hate taking all these meds but, don't know how else to cope. Hope everyone feels better soon!

Related Reading: Ultracet | skelaxin | depression

Comment from: lgmeridieth, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 21

I have been taking high doses of Avinza for about 3 years for fibromyalgia. It isn't a miracle drug, but it has worked better than anything else I've tried - and I've tried a lot! It's very expensive and hard to find, but worth the trouble.

Comment from: CSR, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 25

after 4 years of Percocet and Oxcontin, I finally had 3 back surgeries. Surgery was not 100% sucessful. The Avinza makes me very sleepy, however the pain relief is the best I have had yet!

Comment from: grandmom21664, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 10

have had 2 back surgerys and this helps to control the pain during the day without feeling high. at night i still need the percocet and soma but this med is great has helped me to be able to move without so much pain. it gives such a slow release of dosage that you get a better sustained relief of the pain.

Related Reading: soma

Comment from: M/S Patient, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

marijuana, and avinza working well with my M/S

Related Reading: marijuana

Comment from: on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 07

I've suffered with chronic back & neck pain for 21 yrs. Had 3 surg. For 13 yrs., I was on Lorcet 10 and it worked well. I moved to a different state and my dr. took me off Lorcet and Rx'd Avinza 30 1 day. I've been on this on 4 yrs. now. I need something at least twice a day because this does not last more than 12 hrs. I've told my dr. this several times and he will not change the dosage or medication. I just can't take this pain anymore. It says this is to be only RX'd if other narcotics don't work i.e. Lorcet, Vicodin, Percocet, etc). Well, Lorcet worked well for me. I've asked him to put me back on it but he refuses. I just don't get it. I've had Oxycontin before for a short time and it worked well but he will not RX this either. I hate when drs. say there is nothing else they can give you. It's bull. There are plenty of pain meds to RX but they refuse to RX them.

Related Reading: neck pain | Lorcet | Oxycontin