Avodart User Reviews

Avodart - User Reviews

Avodart User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avodart sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: RN, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 29

I am 77 years old, active and in good physical condition. Avodart reduce PSA from0.7 to 0.3, with a great price. My body hair all disappeared, hair on head was thinning, exacerbated ED (PDE-% drugs were not always effective), total disappearance of semen. Have been off for three months, all conditions are improving.

Related Reading: Avodart

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 17

with 6 months of treatment this has cut psa by over half. I'm taking this in conjunction with flomax and the reduction in sex drive and erectile problems are tough to deal with. But overall the problems with urination have disappeared. A tough trade off.

Related Reading: flomax

Comment from: Non-erect, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 17

Been on Avodart for 5 months, positive results in urination problems and reduction in size of prostate. Am not pleased with the loss of sex drive and difficulty in attaining & sustaining an erection. VERY FRUSTATING to me and somewhat for my wife. While I am 66, until taking Avodart, we had an excellent sexual, love life. Sexual ability is almost non-existant now. Am considering not taking Avodart for a while and see what happens!!!

Related Reading: sexual

Comment from: not happy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 14

I have had an BPH for about 5 years now. I used Flomax for most of that time until I realized my pains in the back of my uppe legs was due to the Flomax. I began on Avodart almost a year ago and dropped the Flomax after a month of taking both. The prostate shrunk down in size and my last PSA was under 1, so the doctor is veery happy. The problem is almost total impotence and loss of libido. My wife doesn't think the impotence could be from the medicine so she keeps trying. An erection is very long in coming and then is rarely firm enough for penetration. Orgasms take forever and ejaculation is somewhat reduced. On top of all this, my breasts are the size of a teenage girl. Before beginning treatment with this drug, I was somewhat overweight, but now I can't even begin to control the weight effectively. I will discuss this with my doctor again and hopefully we can discontinue it's useage and replace with some better choice.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 14

Began using after being on Flomax. Dropped the Flomax almost a year ago and results have been very good. Very satisfied with the product.

Comment from: Marty, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 28

Avodart did not produce an improvement in urine flow for me. However it reduced my semen quantity to almost nothing which I didn't like.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 02

Had very large prostate for my age. Desire to urinate 3 to 4 times a night. Hard to drive home from work without stopping at rest area to urinate. I've been taking Avodart for 12 months as of now. I sleep through the night without getting up. No problem driving home. Flow of urine is much better. Side effects: I've had trouble with sexual desire. I can still get it up but ejaculate is minimal. Used to have sex daily and now it is weekly. My breasts have grown so I have increased my exercise but can't lose weight and building muscle has become more difficult. This drug really does present extreme pros and cons. I'm not sure what will happen if I stop taking it. Will my libido come back? Will my appetite abate? Will my chest shrink back to normal?

Comment from: bar0546, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 01

I ame 62 yrs old and retired, I had problems with urinating, needing to go right away and seepage. though the frequest urination and seepage has stopped (take with detrol) I found that my erections were difficult to attain and not as hard and the duration was very short, seman quantity was low also. (very fustrating for both of us) I took the meds for 18 months and stopped both meds now for 6 days and found erections were stronger and of longer duration I am amazed at the quick recovery. and I haven,t had any urinating problems. I suppose I will continue the meds if the condition returns. Its good to know that recovery of sexual drive and erection are possible.....

Related Reading: detrol