Avodart User Reviews

Avodart - User Reviews

Avodart User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avodart sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 27

Have taken for 24 months with noticeable reduction in size of prostate and improvement in urination. No apparent side effects.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 18

I Am 47 I Used Avodart for Only 2 Weeks .The Medicine Did Start Warking Great .BUT The Side effects Suck.I Stoped tacking it And Will Never take It Again.I Love having sex with my Wife But With This Drug it makes it very hard for me .

Comment from: xkop, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 22

I've been using Avodart for almost 7 months and although it has worked well -- I'm considering discontinuance of it owing to side effects. The usual side effects with erection and ejaculation are present and I can deal with them. However, breast-enlargement developed with sensitivity; itchy rash on face and fluid retention presented as well. Stopped taking drug today and will speak with doctor about alternative therapy. Can't deal with side effects. I write my experience with Avodart to inform prospective users of possible consequences. I hope discontinuance reverses adverse effects.

Related Reading: breast | rash

Comment from: Grandfather, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 30

I really began to notice the positive change after 18 months of usage. I am now at the 24 month usage stage and am extremely pleased with the results. While I am not like I was 30 years ago, I am still getting better and better

Comment from: Unhappy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 23

I'm 63 years old. Doctor added this to Flomax for urination problems and to control high PSA 6 months ago. PSA has been reduced, urination problems are gone, but I have lost all sex drive, can barely achieve erection (and can't maintain it when I do), no semen upon ejaculation, some increase in breast size, penis has shrunk and I have gained weight. I am going back to the doctor next week and will tell him I am discontinuing this drug.