Avonex User Reviews

Avonex - User Reviews

Avonex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Avonex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 22

this is new to me. I have nothing to compare with. I just hope it works.The drug cost way to much. It should be availible to everyone.

Comment from: CBKC, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 10

Due to the severity of my MS I can only inject in my legs and I numb my legs with ice prior to injection. I rotate my injection site every week to let my legs recover from previous week. I let the prefilled syringe set out in room temp for at least an hour prior to injecting per instructions. To decrease some of the side effects the next day, I usually inject on Sunday night and then take two advils. Ask your doctor if you can also receive the smaller gauge, which is a smaller needle(25 inch rather than the 23 1/4 inch)it is alot nicer. This medications has only helped to decrease my major attacks, but I still continue to have alot of pain. These techniques I have described does help with using this medication and I hope it works for you. I wish you the best!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 29

I was diagnosed with MS in Oct 2008 and choose Avonex because of the once a week injection (Extremely fearful of needles). After 6 months of taking Avonex my doctor has informed me to stop taking it as it was affecting my blood count levels and showing signs of affecting my liver. I am skeptical on the other medications as they are more frequent injections. I will admit the needle is quite large, however, rarely was painful and rarely had any injection site irritation. I endured flu-like symptoms for the first 3 months, sometimes severe but mainly moderate in pain/discomfort, and then side effects completely went away. I wish I could remain on this medicine as I was just beginning to get quite comfortable with it...yes, i was getting used to needle itself. If your fearful of needles, as I assume most of us are, you will eventually get over it and it will be sooner than you think. I hope this has been helpful!

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: thelaundryfairy, 25-34 (Patient) Published: April 28

It took me a couple of months to get used to the Avonex and deal with the side effects - BUT I HAVE FOUND THE RESULTS TO BE UTTERLY AMAZING! I feel like a completely new person, and I am so thankful that the financial assistance program guarantees me injectables for a 2 year period which is renewable.

Multiple Sclerosis