Axert User Reviews

Axert - User Reviews

Axert User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Axert sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: axertfan, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 14

Have had headaches for years trying quite a few medications with no success. Last year I was prescribed Axert and regret never hearing about it before! It is costly, but the time I spent in bed and missing life, it's well worth it!!!! Pain is gone within 1 hour.

Related Reading: Axert

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 31

I wouldn't trade Axert for Anything! It's worked for me for years. In 30 mins. my severe mingraines are gone baby gone!! and believe me, I have VERY severe ones....have had them for years and years. Once I found this medication, I stopped looking for anything else.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 10

One of the best meds I've used to treat migraines, probably works the fastest. But, makes me exahusted!!!

Comment from: Ldydusty@aol.com, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 17

I had problems with side effects of other migraine medications, but with this one I have virtually no after or side effects and I can take a very small dose which is still effective. Only side effect is sleeping!

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 02

Axert is the best. I have tried many many other migraine medications and Axert is the most effective with the least amount of side effects. For me there are almost no side effects but it does take about two hours to totally eliminate the pain. And of course it is extremely expensive, especially without insurance. A neurologist told me to not take it more than 12 times a month.

Comment from: Shelly, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 17

Thank God for Axert, yes costly but well worth every penny. Axert has been the only drug that has helped. Migraine Suffers should at least try it, no more pain.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 04

Tried 5 other triptans this is the only one that worked without side effects. Usually one dose is all I need

Comment from: Charles, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 11

life long migraines. I sampled the market 4 yrs ago. Axert was the only one that took it out without side effects. A generic would be nice but the relief is priceless. If the first pill dosn't take it out in 20 minutes I get bummed because it means I have the flue. For me they share the same symptoms.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 28

This medication is great! Full blown migraine gone in 30 minutes to 1 hour.. I take the 12.5mg.... I also take Fioricet with Codeine with the Axert 12.5

Related Reading: Fioricet with Codeine

Comment from: kajun48, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 19

Axert has always relieved my migraines within half an hour to one hour.

Comment from: Isis04, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 22

This medication is magic! I have been suffering from migraines since I was a teenager, but within the past two yrs, I have had to quit my job and go on Disability due to the frequency (4-5 per wk) and intensity of the episodes. I have been on Imitrex, Amerge, and Maxalt, at different times, and also Topamax as a maintenance drug (not very helpful in preventing the headaches). The doctor just switched me to Axert because my insurance would cover it, with smaller co-pay than the Maxalt. Talk about a blessing in disguise---Axert works in 1-2 hrs and takes the pain away completely. The other meds would usually leave a slight trace of headache, but not this. I would urge anyone with intractable migraine pain to try this at least once. A miracle may be waiting for you.

Related Reading: Imitrex | Amerge | Maxalt

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.