Axert User Reviews

Axert - User Reviews

Axert User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Axert sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

I get migraines (4-5 a week) I've tried many other meds and have been living on vicoden and fiorcet which only dulls it enough that I could function. Axert took about an hour and a half to work but my headache was completely gone

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: Heathiegurl, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 18

I get migraines at least once a week but only resort to Axert when nothing else works. I noticed it causes me to feel lightheaded and nauseous for several days after but it works for the headache.

Comment from: mustang257, on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 01

I have been taking axert for over a year now sometimes four times a month,its like a miracle drug for me,in 20 minutes or less my headache is gone.

Comment from: Vicrom3, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 10

Started taking this from free Doctor Sample, was prviously using Imitrex. This medication does not work as well as Imitrex but has far less side effects. Axert works really well if taken in advance of Headache. Full blown Migraines are more difficult for this medication.

Comment from: missyq, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 02

I usually take fiorcet for my headaches but the doctor wants me to try these. I don't think they work as quick or as long as fiorcets.

Comment from: Billygoatgruff, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 01

50 year old male, have had migraines for about 10 years now. Chronic neck and upper back pain too. Axert works the best of all the triptans I have taken (Frova, Zomig, Immitrex, etc.). Works within one hour on almost all occasions, and with little to no side effects. Insurance company is telling me I need to try generic sumatriptan or naratriptan now or else I will have to pay out of own pocket. Reluctantly going to try it with hope it works as well. I suffered for years before getting diagnosed with migraines, and self treated with ibuprofen, excedrin migraine, tylenol, etc. before getting this. Atenolol has also helped in prevention of migraines.

Related Reading: Frova | Zomig | ibuprofen

Comment from: Harmony, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 26

This was the second pill I tried before taking Frova which I have now taken for five years. I get hormonal/menstrual migraines, so mostly just once a month and once in awhile may come and go for a few days. The Axert worked for a little while (a few months)and then I began getting facial bone pain before the migraine would go away after 2 hours. The first pill I ever tried, which I cannot recall it's name...was worse because the facial pain was ridiculously long before the migraine would subside. This would've been good, but seemd to be more ineffective with facial pain as time went on.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 07

Medicine took and migraine was gone within a little while.

Comment from: cap, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 29

Axert has been a lifesaver for me. I can take one at the onset of a Migraine and within 45 minutes be almost pain free. Having suffered migraines for 30 years I am very happy to find something that works so well.

Comment from: Trudi, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 23

This medication allows me to keep working and usually the headache goes away without having to take the second dose.

Comment from: LD, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 19

I have had migraines since i was 16.Nothing really worked until Axert 12.5. I try to catch the migraine early as the medicine is more effective.I do have to take a second dose when I don't. I only wait one hour tho because I know by then if the first dose is working . I had tried sumtripan Imitrex and it never worked for me so there is something in this one that is better.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.