Aygestin User Reviews

Aygestin - User Reviews

Aygestin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aygestin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: pinkheart116, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 14

All that I have experienced using this drug is severe dizziness ie: room spinning during any and all activity. Also mild depression. I am a 53 year old who went a year without a period then started bleeding and clotting for weeks on end. GYN thought this treatment would help. I am unable to have hystrectomy due to Plavix medication. I have just stopped this med and am consulting with doctor.

Related Reading: dizziness | depression | Plavix

Comment from: yeah me , 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 12

I take this pill at night and the only thing it doesnt tell you on the side effect.. Is night sweat I thought i was going thru premature menopause but I am not..

Related Reading: premature menopause

Comment from: fourseasons, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 23

Not 100% sure but starting this medication was the only thing that changed prior to my stroke. I have no family history, normal cholesterol, BP, etc. I started taking this in late November of 2008 and had my stroke on December 6, 2009. Teams of doctors have tried to determine a cause - I am 42 years old.

Related Reading: stroke | cholesterol

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 08

My doctor has me taking 5mg twice a day to prepare for an endo ablation. This drug has caused depression, anxiety, weight gain, acne, bloating, headaches. I have taken myself off of it and will consult my Dr.

Related Reading: anxiety | acne

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 14

My gynecologist had me take for eight days. On the second day it made a BIG difference. I was able to back to work instead of lying on my back with my legs elevated.

Comment from: Donna, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 06

helped balance out my hormones

Comment from: mandy, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 21

I had heavy peoriods for about a year. I went to the dr and he gave me aygentin. I take 2.5 mg the first 12 days of the month and on the 13th day my period started and was normal. I have been on it for 25 years and would not be without it.

Comment from: baker12, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 17

This drug has made it possible to avoid having a hysterectomy for a few more months by stopping my abnormal bleeding. However, my fibroids compound the problems and the Aygestin does not slow or shrink their growth.

Related Reading: Aygestin

Comment from: Trish, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 11

AFTER BLEEDING FOR WHAT SEEMED LIKE AN ETERNITY,STARTED ON THE PILLS. I. WAS INSTRUCTED TO TAKE 1 PILL EVERY 3 HOURS AND WITHIN 24 HOURS THE BLEEDING STOPPED. IT WAS LIKE A MIRACLE.

Comment from: marly, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 05

All though I have not been reg for some time when it came down to me bleeding for 3 month heavy with golf ball sizes clots I knew i had to do something I was a lettle worryed to take it cause iam a heart patient and have atone of meds i do take and chest pain ,heart attact or stroke was a side efft. i dint know whatto do but i dec to take it and it has been grat not to bleed

Related Reading: chest pain