Aygestin User Reviews

Aygestin - User Reviews

Aygestin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aygestin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kccamaro, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 17

I am scheduled for a hysterectomy. My uterus is attaching itself to the abdomen wall and I have my period constantly. I was given Aygestin to "bide my time" will excessive bleeding. I took it for 10 days. On the following morning (3am) I awoke with severe pain in abdomen. Called my Doc. I passed approx 10 golf ball size clots. I dont want to go back on the med. So I had to up my surgery and deal with the bleeding til then. (end of Feb.)

Comment from: Pamela, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 21

I was given this medication for abnormal uterine bleeding; I also have PCOS. I had been bleeding for 7 weeks and took the medication for 6 weeks. It stopped the bleeding immediately. I experienced night sweats, and a bit of dizziness, along with mood swings. After stopping the medication, it took 2 days for my period to return, and have cramps that are EXTREMELY painful, chills (despite it being hot),and nausea. Haven't slept all night. They should list after effect in pharmacy pamphlet. Gyno said the bleeding will return just as strongly as before, if not more so. I was happy while on the medicine, not so after stopping it. I'm 30 yrs old.

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: Pester, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 10

I have been on this med for 5 years starting with 10 mg/day. Spotted for first year but my horrible headaches and massive bleeding stopped. Decreased dosage over time to 2.5 mg/day - no perceptible change in how I feel. No side effects. I feel better now at 54 than I did at 35 when all of this started.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 08

I have been experiencing heavy vaginal bleeding for 5 weeks. Taking this drug has slowed down the bleeding, but hasn't completely stopped yet. I feel nauseous at times even when I take it after I eat. I take 2 a day as of now.

Related Reading: vaginal bleeding

Comment from: Sherry, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 28

I have been on my period for 5 weeks, (my last period lasted 4 months). My Gyn. put me on Seasonique ( to have a perod every 3 mos. ) I started heavy bleeding with HUGE clots 6 weeks from beginning pill. Started taking this med yesterday, (1 per hour x 8hours, then 1/4xday x 3days, etc...) already notice a HUGE difference. Not only has my bleeding almost stopped, but i feel better, more balanced. I have had a slight migraine today, but it's better than what I was dealing with. My energy level increased almost immediately. I am, however, worried about what will happen when I finish this prescription. So far, I am very happy with the results.

Related Reading: Seasonique | migraine

Comment from: Courage, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 27

I am 54 yrs. old and it has stopped the heavy periods and pelvic pain I was having. I am not quite through menopause so this has helped me with all the negative side effects of menopause.

Related Reading: menopause

Published: June 03

I have been taking this medication for a week and the heavy bleedig has stop but ive notices severe pains in my right leg,from behind my thigh all the way down to my heel. the meds stopped the bleeding and cloting but gave me another problem.Im scared to finish taking this because i have high bloodpressure and im afraidof bloodclotts so i'll stop taking it and report this to the docotor.

Comment from: neen7391, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 08

I started this med for treatment of abnormal bleeding. The Gyn decided that Endo ablation would be better for me than a hysterectomy. It has been great for me but I didn't realize that I would become so emotional; crying for every reason known. I am so glad I only have a few more days left.

Comment from: shelbysmom, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 01

I have used this drug in the past with no problems. Only this time around my period still hasn't started. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I have PCOS and am trying to get pregnant in order to get some testing done I have to have a period. I am wondering if other medicine I was taking affected this medicine from working properly.