Azasite User Reviews

Azasite - User Reviews

Azasite User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Azasite sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 02

I took this drug for a moderate case of Blepharitis and it has worked wonderfully. My eyes fell better and look better

Related Reading: Blepharitis

Comment from: geezerkemist, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 27

I am not a stockholder. Azasite was prescribed for my blepharitis. It is somewhat difficult to use. One MUST turn the small bottle over and shake once to force the viscous liquid into the tip of the dispensing neck. Otherwise it appears that the bottle is empty when squeezed. Put firm steady pressure on the sides of the bottle until drop emerges. For blepharitis I was advised to put the drop on a figertip and apply in a back and forth manner to the eyelids, rather than into the eye directly. Having said it is effective, at the same time I received the prescription I was advised to use eyelid cleaner before each application. Either Sterilid foam or Ocusoft lid scrub pre-moistened pads-both sold at WalMart at best price available. I like the pads. Use folded once and massage in a back and forth motion then rinse well and pat dry. Use one side for first eye then turn over and use the other side on the other eye. I use Bounty to pat dry. It may be that with pad or foam use I could avoid the Azasite. We shall see when course of treatment ends.

Related Reading: Azasite

Published: February 02

Not only does AzaSite require fewer drops but it is soothing to the eye. This eye drop is a blessing to those that have children. It works fast and is great.

Comment from: Spudzy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 02

Doctor told me I had Pink Eye and wrote a prescription for Azasite. I DO NOT like putting anything in my eyes. This stuff was so easy and so gentile, I had no problems. My eyes cleared up in a couple of days but I continued the antibiotic regime as directed. Very good stuff in my opinion!

Related Reading: Pink Eye

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 02

My five year old is a holy terror when trying to apply eyedrops. After the first time using she did not object from then on. Works extremely well compared to other antibiotic drops.

Comment from: rbloomqu, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 02

Excellent drop, at least as effective as Vigamox and much less dosing, 9 drops vs. 21. AzaSite will dominate its market in the near future.

Related Reading: Vigamox

Comment from: barla, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 05

I used this for runny eyes,part of dry eye problems,it is terrific. I feel like I have climbed out of the aquarium and can see without a layer of liquid in my eyes.I can drive again, read, paint.

Comment from: EYEtalian, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 02

My 7 y/o son got bacterial conjunctivitis. The only thing that made him more miserable than the pink eye itself was the thought of putting drops in his eyes. Well not only is Azasite a wonder drup but the way its administered is BRILLIANT.

Comment from: Grass Valley patient, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 06

It appears to be a gel, not sure if this is accurate. It has to be refrigerated. Perhaps that is why it is almost impossible to get out of the applicator into my eye. I am wondering if pharmacy gave me a defective bottle. None of product information says it is a gel. I am supposed to use it for 16 days, have used for 5 days and can't get anymore out of bottle. It is apparently empty. Not happy w/this overpriced medication. How do I write to FDA and let them know about this?

Comment from: Andrea Evans, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 13

I have given this AzaSite for my condition of Blepharitis. It has allowed my eyes to not be red all the time and for me to be able to wear eye makeup again. My eye dr. has had me on it for 175 days. He told me I'll be on it indefinately. As long as my eyes are not red all the time I'll be happy. At least I won't be stared at like some horrid thing. Instead I look normal.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.