Azasite User Reviews

Azasite - User Reviews

Azasite User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Azasite sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: February 02

To those of you who are wanting an honest review of Azasite, please do not rely on the reviews here. If you notice all but one of the reviews were posted on the same day. They were posted by stock holders who are doing whatever they can to help the stock price go up so they can make money. I am also a stock holder and I do believe that Azasite is a good product but posting false reviews is not the right way to try to make money. Please disregard the rating information that I used in this post. I have never used the product and I only did the rating section because it was required to post the message. I am posting some links so you can see this for yourself. http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=4145&mn=17057&pt=msg&mid=4027716 http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=4145&mn=17058&pt=msg&mid=4027718 http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=4145&mn=17059&pt=msg&mid=4027803 http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=4145&mn=17061&pt=msg&mid=4028928 Please get your information from your Dr. and then decide if Azasite is the right product for you.

Comment from: (Patient) Published: June 25

This medication runs out before the prescribed lenght of time. One would have to be a lab rat to get the amount of doses the thimble sized bottle claims. This causes problems with price and insurance who refuse to refill the prescription early. Too rich for my blood. Like using liquid gold at One hundred twenty five dollars for 2.5 ml Even if you are insured product will run out before insurance refills.

Comment from: ckanswers@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 21

This has been the best thing I have tried in 8 years of chronic eye problems caused by thyroid disease. Yes, it is an expensive medication and it is not very easy to use. At first I found it stung a lot, but I soon got used to it and now experience no pain with the drops. I am on it for 7 days out of every month. It has been very effective for my chronic blepharitis and allergic conjunctivitis. My eyes feel almost normal for the first time in 8 long years. Try lying flat on the bed, then turn the bottle completely upside down and squeeze out a drop into your eye, close the eye immediately and wait a minute or two. If you are patient, you might be one of the lucky ones for whom this works.

Related Reading: thyroid disease

Comment from: Susan, 55-64 (Patient) Published: July 19

This medication has side effects that you have to look into the clinical report to find out about. I was given this drop for a conditions that I found out later that I didn't even have and within 24 hrs of use I was in severe pain and suffering with burning, eye pain and severe dryness which I didn't have before taking the drop. I took the drop twice back in May and the pain has not gone away. I have been to 5 Drs including a cornea specialist and have gotten no treatment for the pain and as soon as I mention Azasite they are done with me and say that the drug could not have cause the problem even after showing them the report from the drug company saying that it can. I have cornea arosion and nerve damage to my eyes , both of them. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG.....

Comment from: Hattie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 27

Cannot get drops out of the bottle. At first a large drop splashes, then bottle seems empty. I tap it upside down with the cap on and nothing. I tap and tap again, and sometimes I get a drop. Very difficult to use and very expensive.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 29

This should never be ordered for a single or elderly patient. The $50 copay is criminal for this tiny bottle. The thick contents will not come out right. You get a huge blob that misses the eye because you are squeezing with all your might. It is frustrating and what little medication reaches the eye hurts for 15 - 20 minutes. I can't speak to the effectiveness really because of the defective delivery system.

Comment from: WLV, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 28

This drug has been disappointing. My Anthem Blue Cross co-pay for this tiny bottle was $50 after meeting a $200 deductible. The first drop did not come out. When trying again more than 2 drops came out. Because of this, I ran short by 1 drop prior to surgery. I cannot recommend AzaSite.

Comment from: KarenR, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 07

My new eye doctor suggested I use this for a month along with Restatsis as I have such dry eye it was impossible for him to even get an accurate picture of my eyes to determine if he could do AK surgery to fix an under correct PRK surgery. I was horrified to find that my co-pay was $80.00. He said lets start with this treatment first. Okay, in four weeks time I will have spent a lot of money and not sure if it will even work. Not very happy with the cost.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 26

Am using this med per my ophthalmologist for blocked oil glands. Seems to be working well although I have only used it for a few days.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.