Azasite User Reviews

Azasite - User Reviews

Azasite User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Azasite sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

My doctor prescribed this medication for me for a stye that I had way up under my upper eye lid. It was very expensive, but it did the job. It burned for a couple of seconds right after putting it in but then it was fine. My doctor told me that it was not necessary to refrigerate it as that makes it hard to use and to store the bottle upside down. I would definitely use this again.

Comment from: Bonnie, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 16

This medication is very over priced for only 2.5 ml most of which stays in the container and is impossible to get out in drops- a big blob will come out the first time you use it wasting the medicine. With very good insurance, one bottle cost me $50 and lasted a little more than one week. Also the drops burn like Hell.

Comment from: Dorothy, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 07

With my insurance this med. cost me $40. there wasn't enough in the container to last 2 full days. It has very difficult to get the first drop out of the container. My second try got me several drops and that was all that was in the container. I was to take this for 7 days, needless to say, my eye is still infected and I'm very irritated!

Comment from: Thelma, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 02

I have dry eye for which this medication was prescribed. Instead of putting a drop in each eye I was instructed to place 1 drop on each eyelid, near lashline. Two years ago I was prescribed Restastis for the same problem. I was also instructed to use Systane Ultra. This problem started in November and seems ongoing. I am interested in learning about any possible side effects from the Azasite especially using it as instructed.

Comment from: Mar, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 01

Sometimes AZASITE 1%ophth solution 2.ML makes my eyes have mater in them in the morning. I don't use it every night because of that . I think it drys my eyes up also.

Comment from: vic, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 08

It works, but way too expensive for the amount you get. If they charge so much, at least they could give you a few more mls. I used it for chronic blepharitis and it works well but doesn't last long. I'm looking for an alternative.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.