Azilect User Reviews

Azilect - User Reviews

Azilect User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Azilect sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Hopeful, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 04

So far (after 1-month) I noticed less tremor & more control-I am also trying to cut back on my Sinemet-Dr.increased my dosage on Azilect to 1 mg b.i.d.-so cross your fingers-I am!!!

Related Reading: Sinemet

Comment from: mz malibu, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 07

I was diagnosed with Parkinsons January 2010 and immediately put on Azilect. My initial symptoms was a thumb twitch and occasional hand tremor. At this point 2 years later, it has not progressed beyond the initial symptoms. The hand tremor is worse when under stress, if I get cold or position my hand a particular way. Is it the drug or do I just have a case of mild Parkinsons? I will continue on it as my results are wonderful.

Comment from: domino, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 02

I was diagnosed 5 yrs ago. Have taken Mirapex from day one. Very slow progression. Started Azilect 4+ mos ago. Side effects related to Azilect are, for me, overwhelming. Akinesia (voluntary movement) has grossly deteriorated. I stumble from a frozen position and nearly fall on a regular basis. Violent, physical nightmares. Severe constipation. Arthritic symptoms in ankles and major joints. Numbness in feet at night. Losing bladder control. Severe deterioration of walking gait. Hard to tell if these problems are condition related or Azilect related. Considering going off Azilect to see which are which. Seems like Azilect is not the silver bullet I hoped it would be. DJM

Related Reading: Mirapex | nightmares | constipation

Comment from: Lisa, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 04

I've been on it for almost 4 months now. I it took for 2 wks. before I noticed a change. I have much better movement. I do have some joint pain in my knees and ankles. And lately my ankles have been swelling. I need to check with the Dr. about that though.

Comment from: PawPaw, 65-74 Female Published: May 25

I am not sure what it was supposed to do other than retard the progression and it aappears to have worked well. I have developed slight tremors but not as bad as I had expected. I am noticing a slight difficulty in my walking although.

Comment from: Ruby, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 12

Have only been taking for a week, but seems to be o.k. I have been a little dizzy but not sure if it is a reaction or could be sinus.

Comment from: loisbrann@msn.com, 75 or over on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 14

I do not tolerate levadopa/carbadopa, Mirapex sent me on a shopping spree and I fell asleep at a stop light when I was driving, so my Dr. put me on Azilect. It took away my tremors, handwriting returned to normal, hallucinations are gone, I have not fallen for a very long time. I do not appear to have PD. It works so well for me. It does not help with autonomic system symptoms,i.e., drooling, digestive and urinary problems, some swallowing problems, bumping into things.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.