Azmacort User Reviews

Azmacort - User Reviews

Azmacort User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Azmacort sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: liquid_dark, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 27

I have been on this medication for about six months. The only downfall I see is the cost. Its really pricy but for me its well worth it. I used to be on singulair which lost its effectivness because i used it for so long. This was a replacement and I have not had a problem since. I no longer have to use my nebulizer at night and I rarely use my rescue inhaler. I highly reccomend this drug for anyone who needs better control of their asthma.

Related Reading: singulair | asthma

Comment from: alinsfnm, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 28

I first started Azmacort in '92 and it worked very well for me till '98 when I was taken off of it. I went back to it in 2001 after a bad experience with a different inhaler and all the side effects of the other cleared up -- I've never had side effects from Azmacort, and I really appreciate that. It was really effective for me the first 5 years. Now my disease is more advanced, and it has not given me adequate control.

Related Reading: Azmacort

Comment from: Melanie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 13

Had to increase dosage, gained weight, ended up with dryness of mouth amd sinus passage, increase of mucus in the throat, had to quit using.

Comment from: sissy3753, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 13

It works but cost is very high,so i cannot use as prescribed

Comment from: KJG, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 19

I have used azmacort for many years and have found it to be very helpful. I have not found any other medication that works as effectively and am very disappointed that the medication is being discontinued.

Comment from: hbradford, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 06

I have used Azmacort since 1993, and it has been a life-saver to me. Now, because our international politicians have decided it MAY adversely effect the environment, it has been taken off the market. The result for me is my ability to breathe and function have been severely impaired. I've contacted Abbott phamaceutical company and was told there are no plans to adapt it to meet new Copenhagen conference guidelines. Since there seems to be no other product on the market containing triamcinolone acetonide, I'm feeling pretty lousy. Got any suggestions?

Comment from: jojo, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 09

Seems to work. Use daily with 2 puffs in the evening. Usually take 6 to 8 puffs when suffering from severe colds.

Comment from: Big Dave, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 13

AS time goes on I am taking now taking an extra 4 puffs a day using it 3 times a day instead of twice a day.

Comment from: grannybee2, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 27

I have used Azmacort for many years with very good control of my asthma. It is a shame that it is being discontinued. There is no generic to fall back on.

Comment from: elfreda, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 15

very helpful have taken it for over 14years. kept my asthma very well controlled. sorry its no longer being manufactured

Comment from: 65-74 (Patient) Published: March 15

Azmacort worked well for me but it is no longer being manufactured by Abbot Lab because of the problem of CFC. My lungs were open and the medication did not irritate my lungs. I was happy with it.

Comment from: Elsie, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 26

IT help me.

Comment from: Hope, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 17

Two months on Azmacort,did not aleviate my shortness of breath. Side effects were devastating. I felt worse than before I started. Nausea,joint pain,headaches, sore throat and shaky. Very expensive. Switched to Advair,did not work so well, and again had a real problem with all the side effects.I do not have asthma, but was a long time smoker, having quit a few months ago.I'm going to try to tough it out without any inhalers and see if I feel better. I felt better before I started. I have been advised that there are also many side effects while withdrawing from the inhalers. Wish I knew the answer.

Related Reading: sore throat