Azopt User Reviews

Azopt - User Reviews

Azopt User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Azopt sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 12

My eye pressure went up to 30, even with Timolol in the a.m. and Lumigan at night, so Eye Dr. prescribed Azopt in right eye 2 X's daily for a month. After that nothing changed, so went to both eyes twice a day. 2 weeks later, I felt weird tingly, sensations from waist to the nose and some light chest pressure when at rest, but nothing when busy. It kept getting worse and I checked precautions as I am very allergic to sulfa and ualways broke out in hives. That's when I saw a warning about hypersensitivity to it. My eye Dr. refused to believe that was the cause and told me my light chest pressure was more likely angina and I needed to see my physician for an angina check-up that week. I insisted on going off the drops for a week. Within a few days, all symptoms were gone and I finally felt normal! Unfortunately, I now owe for an EKG and physician visit that I didn't need. My eye dr. said there is only one other eye drop med. he can try and people complain about burning eyes and complications + wonder if it is sulfa based.

Related Reading: Lumigan | Azopt | hives

Comment from: Kacilee, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 31

I have been on many different eye-pressure lowering eyedrops for both eyes over the past 10 years; the most recent, Lumigan, for about three years now. I think my eyes become resistant to each medication because eventually my pressure would always go back up and it became necessary to try something else. Two months ago, after seeing my opthomologist for follow-up, the pressure in my right eye was up to 38. He added Azopt immediately, twice a day, along with the Lumigan, and a week later the pressure had dropped to 23 in that eye. I highly recommend Azopt for anyone who needs to get their eye pressure under control since it worked so well for me.

Comment from: Dmontmc, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 13

Have used many different drops with still have high pressure. Tried Azopt but had lots of side effects including shortness of breath, light headed, low energy, dry, irritated, red eyes, metalic taste. Also could not tolerate Lumegan but have done fine with Xalatan and Timoptic XE.

Related Reading: Xalatan | Timoptic

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 11

It makes my rt.eye burn and feels like something is scratching. Also my eye seems very dry.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 21

I feel a scratchy sensation in my eyes sometimes, and a metallic taste in my mouth, but my pressure is dropping. Went from 25/26 down to 18/19.

Comment from: Pothooks, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 09

I've been treated for glaucoma for 15 years. I've taken about every medication available --- starting with Timoptic. Sooner or later each loses its effectiveness. I am now on Azopt, Brimonidine, and Lumigan. In addition I've had laser treatment in the right eye. So far visual damage has been minimal. My eyes are less and less prone to take drops gracefully (they tear up and lose some of the medication), but I keep trying. One problem with some of the drops I've taken, especially Cosopt is a dangerous lowering of blood pressure. Azopt seems to be okay in this regard.

Related Reading: glaucoma | Cosopt

Comment from: Oscar, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 04

I have been using azopd for a month and instead of decreasing my eye pressure it went up. At the beginning, the doctor said the drops were super good. In conclusion, this drops did not work for me. ps. remember to shake it well before use. No everybody tell you that.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 04

I have been using Azopt for 3 months and it took my pressure from 20 to 18.I get the metalic taste in my mouth and a burning once in a while,otherwise I take it twice a day and have no problem with it.

Comment from: george, on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 16

we have been using it for more than a year and the pressure is still high.Even after surgey. Plus when i put the drop the eye is getting bigger. Next to azopt we also use lumigan and temolol but no help .The eye pressure is around 28.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.