Azopt User Reviews

Azopt - User Reviews

Azopt User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Azopt sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Gary0222, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 12

I have been on travatan for the last 5 years. Recently I had surgery for a detached retina. The Doctor had me on Acular, my regular Travatan and Vigamox. 3 weeks after the surgery my eye was throbbing. I went to see my regular Eye Doctor, he checked the pressure and it was at 27. He gave me some Azopt drops. An hour later my eye felt much better. Its been four weeks since my surgery and the pressure is 12 in that eye. The surgeon is keeping me on the azopt drops for now.

Related Reading: travatan | Acular | Vigamox

Published: July 10

my blood pressure seems to be affected by these drops........very high.

Comment from: nelbo12, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 22

One month using drops, pressures went from about 14 to 12, each eye. Except I would experience slight headache with the morning dose. I'm going to try Timolol,see if I tolerate it better.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: ilija, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 09

Only share your first hand experience as a consumer or a care giver

Comment from: azopt, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 11

I have only been using this medication for a couple of weeks. My eyes are blurry

Comment from: Thomasleeevans, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 22

Blurred vision that lasts 12 hours or more. Headaches.

Comment from: Mundy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 29

I experienced problems with the side effects from my previous drops. My eye DR decided it would be better for me to come off beta blockers and put me on Lumigan once a day and Azopt twice a day. At first I was very pleased because the side effects weren't so bad. Just Nausea, bad taste, dripping at back of throat, sore eyes and headache. But after 3 months I started to develop breathlessness and uncomfortable tight feeling in my chest. I came off all drops when I had the flu about 3 weeks ago as I couldn't breath. Found after a week that my blood pressure returned to normal (it had started to get a bit high) and I felt comfortable with my breathing and I also noticed I felt happier so i must have been a bit depressed too. I started up the medication again 3 days ago. Very tight choking feeling, pain in my left arm, cramps, upset stomach, sleepy as well as the dry feeling in my throat. I also feel aprehensive. So I think it's definately the meds.

Related Reading: beta blockers | flu

Comment from: gaylemom, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 15

It has caused kidney stones and now it appears I have gout. Since gout is related to the kidney function and comes on often after kidney stones, i assume the medication is causing the gout also.

Related Reading: kidney stones | gout

Comment from: fordmexico, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 19

Use Azopt 2x per day in combination with Lumigan in the PM. I have not experienced any side effects. Pressure in both eyes when last tested was 15.

Comment from: mwb, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 03

I have open glaucoma in both eyes. I am using Azopt as a replacement for Xalacom - which I had been using for 10 years. Xalacom was not unpleasant to use but had some terrible side effects on the rest of the body - so far causing me to be off work for 21 months. Eyes are now stable with Azopt. At an intermediate stage I used Azopt with Latanoprost (which is one of the constituents contained at the same strength in Xalacom). That was a disaster because it seems that Latanoprost severely aggravated eye redness and sore eyelids which are known Azopt side effect risks. These side effects reduced very quickly when Lataonprost was ceased altogether. No difference in eye pressure was observed by the cessation of Latanoprost. Overall for me the unpleasantness and regimen of the medication is trivial compared with the adverse impacts of Xalacom.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.