Baclofen User Reviews

Baclofen - User Reviews

Baclofen User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Baclofen sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: m3doc, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 16

I used Baclofen to help with sciatica and lower back pain from a herniated L5. It seemed to help, but I experienced a side effect that has me puzzled. When taking Baclofen I felt like I was on "speed". I was more focused and could stay on task better. I had more energy. Here's the weird part, as long as I was up and moving about I was a dynamo, but if I stopped, sat or laid down and especially after eating I would literally fall asleep. I finally stopped taking it after my dosage was up to 10mg 3x a day. I haven't been able to find any information that even hints at this side effect. Anyone else experienced this? TIA m3doc

Related Reading: Baclofen | sciatica | lower back pain

Comment from: Starzabvme, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 05

I have used Baclofen,for the last 2 years,since a MS call!!I was having SEVERE MUSCLES SPASMS for 3yrs.Since my lamenectomy,gone bad in 2001..I had slept with SOAP in my bed,ate thousands of Banannas,And drank.Ugh Quinine Water!!Till I was sick!and these spasms were HORRIBLE.. my legs would just twist as they spasmed,I could not walk.. it would hit both legs at the same time.. or they would go up my straddle if I had to use the toilet during this.. causing me to have a loss of continence.. everywhere..but in the commode As these,Spasms seemed to come mostly at nite..AT 1ST..then got more STEADY,, so I went to see a Neurologist, whos 1st script was BACLOFEN..I filled that ,that day,, that by the next nite I had NO MORE SPASMS!! NO MORE TEARS,NO MORE SCREAMS..I now take 20mgs..4xdaily...I may have MS,But it does NOT have ME!!!

Comment from: GThornburg, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 30

If you read my last post the folks that are complainig about pain because of chipped teeth and such. Pretty much the people that are complaining about only are taking them 3 days at a time. Read what the drug treats. PEOPLE WHO ARE ON THIS SITE LOOKING FOR "BUZZ" PILLS SHOULD BE SHOT. One person said they almost died. I hate to assume but chances are they didn't take the drug correctly or sometimes people just reject the drug. This drug has been around a long time the late sixties early seventies and the exact pharmancology of the drug is unknown. People are raiding mom and dads medicine cabinets and thinking they get the same buzz as other drugs are putting themselves in peril. This is a maintainence drug and it takes a while before it works. One guy even compared it to oxycontin and valium.Is it me or is it completly assinine to compare Baclofen with opiates and benzos. I'm no doctor but at least research what it is and does before saying anything. Not to be rude but sometimes I can understand why lions eat their young.

Related Reading: oxycontin | valium

Comment from: susan, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 14

It caused me to see things and hear things that were not there. It was the worst thing that has ever happened to me, I was afraid and the worst part is that things I saw seemed very real to me.

Comment from: tom, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 25

I had pain between my right knee and ankle. Milagram showed a herniated L4, L5, narrowing between my L4 and S1 and inflamation of the nerve roots. I had treatment with flexeril and 2 spinal injections. Orthopedic Spinal Surgeon proposed a Lemenectomy(I rejected), NeuroSurgeon proposed a Spinal Fusion(Orthopedic spinal surgeon upon further review of the scans indicated that a spinal fusion would be the appropriate course of action). Pain specialist proposed a pain implant device to deal with Pain(rejected because it would preclude future use of MRI as diagnostic tool for me) & proposed Aqua Therapy which I followed up with. There was some benefit to the Aqua Therapy. NEUROLOGIST PROPOSED BACLOFEN WHICH WAS A GRAND SLAM. IN ABOUT 2 MONTHS ALL PAIN WAS ELIMINATED, MY SLEEP WAS BETTER THAN NORMAL AND GASTRO INTESTINAL (BOWEL FUNCTIONS) WORK ON A REGULAR SCHEDULE. THIS DRUG GAVE ME MORE NOTICEABLE RELIEF THAN ANY OTHER DRUG THAT I HAD TAKEN IN MY LIFETIME. WOULD RECOMMEND IT WITHOUT ANY HESITATION OR RESERVATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Reading: flexeril | SLEEP

Comment from: willows, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 30

MS related excruciating pain for 14 months.I was unable to walk my dog or do exercise of any sort At last my doctor prescribed BACLOFEN. Within days the pain lessened to extent that i was able to resume basic activities. I felt i experienced a miracle!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 07

I was having severe headaches and neck and arm pain. I was diagnosed with herniated disc in my neck. had tried many different treatments including several other muscle relaxers, physical therapy, traction,pain meds etc. was finally sent to neurosurgery but was told surgery wouldnt last. was put on baclofen by pain management and the result are unbelieveable. practically pain free!

Related Reading: herniated disc | pain management