Baclofen User Reviews

Baclofen - User Reviews

Baclofen User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Baclofen sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 4kenseth17, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 14

I was originally presciribed BACLOFEN by my neurologist after my Myasthenia Gravis diagnosis in '94. MG is a neurological/neuro-muscular auto-immune disease that's main symptoms is that it constantly works to make the body weak with a low immunity factor. Therefore I took MG meds, (Mestinon & Prednisone), that increased my daily muscle/motor function! My bowels & bladder spasmed 24/7 & Baclofen GREATLY, (still to-this-day), helps regulate my intestinal spasming & discomfort. WITHOUT Drs. orders; I also used Baclofen to relax my bladder muscles during my times of dealing with passing Kidney Stones! Don't use so much that you CAN'T urinate; but if bladder spasms are severe enough...stones will not progress down through the wall passages & make their way out in a more comfortable way.***I'm anxious to speak to my neurologist though, wondering if I increased my Baclofen Rx dosaged; if it could help give me relief for the constant nerve pain in my face. As for any drowsiness I've encountered, one should discuss their decision with their Dr. that prescribed the Rx to you. In the beginning, I felt some drownsiness, but within maybe 2 weeks, as my body adjusted, I was no longer tired or feeling any side effects. SIMPLY PUT.."The benefits outweighed any negative affects that arose". But ever person is different. One things FOR SURE..do NOT attempt to decrease Baclofen Rx dosage or stop Baclofen Rx 'cold turkey'! Please notify your Dr. & have THEM give you a tapering schedule! I learned this from experience!!!

Comment from: KeyWestFL, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 23

Possible MS (still testing). Baclofen is the greatest! Yes I am sleepy/tired a lot but I can handle being tired, it was the pain, muscles jumping, shaking that I could not handle. I have been taking Baclofen for several years now with great success. I refuse to let the Neurologist change my meds from this.

Comment from: Lalo2195, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 28

I am a 45yr old male wih a rare disease called stiff-man-syndrome {pc term} stiff-person-syndrome. I have been on oral baclofen for six yrs and have also had an intrathecal pump which of course by name goes into the spine. I have had great results. I am on the highest allowable oral dose of 120mg daily. Although I take several other meds for this disease I can tell a big difference when I sleep through two doses. The only side effect is wanting to sleep almost all day at times. I would highly recommend this drug to anyone with any type of muscle spasms or cramps. The spasms in my face are completely gone and rarely have any twitching in my legs. God bless and have a great day. Lalo

Comment from: ConcernedInRiverside, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 24

I have been taking Baclofen for nearly ten years and have recently found out that my ALT levels are high. After discussing these levels with my doctor, I was told the high level reading was from my extended usage of Baclofen and that I should get off the medication as soon as possible. Has anyone else discovered their ALT levels are high?

Comment from: bellmont53, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 03

I have been taking Baclofen for 6 yrs now for RLS & Fibromyrlgia. Before I started taking it I couldn't sleep without my legs waking me up in the night. Now I can sleep all night.

Multiple Sclerosis