Bactrim User Reviews

Bactrim - User Reviews

Bactrim User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Bactrim sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: dixievalkyrie, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 08

I had impetigo on the sides of my mouth and a staph infection at the base of my neck, both very nasty and painful. My dr. threw me on two (generic)Bactrim a day for 10 days and also prescribed Altabax ointment to rub on the lesions. Both worked wonders and the sored healed in a couple days!

Related Reading: impetigo | Altabax

Comment from: Ashley, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 03

My 2 year old daughter was prescribed this medicine due to an ear infection. She is allergic to amoxicillin, penicillin, keflex, and from my understanding this has some of the contents within the drug. After 4 days of use, her platelets dropped drastically. She was hospitalized for 3 days. Throwing up blood, constant bruising, fatigue, etc. I do not recommend this drug. A side effect of this drug is to lower plateletts but we were never notified of that fact. On top of her cold and ear infection, her immunity was already at its low, and the help of this bactrim lowered it to a 2,000 count. A NORMAL platelette count is 150,000. It is my recommendation you RESEARCH this drug and discuss ALL of the facts before going forward in using. I, myself will NEVER allow my daughter to use this drug again. Scared is not even the word for what we experienced. If this helps just one person....it was worth it. Thank you.

Related Reading: ear infection | amoxicillin | keflex

Comment from: KDD, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

I have taken this medication on two occasions for staph infections. The first time it worked great with no side effects. The second time however i had an allergic reaction, i broke out in hives everywhere. be aware that allergic reactions can occur at any time with this medication, even after having taken if for a few days.

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: jmcvh, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 11

I have had acne for 25 years (36 now) and this is the only medication that has ever helped me. I stopped taking it for a week and acne came back- so it really works in getting rid of bacteria.

Comment from: Quest4Lucidity, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 18

Bactrim ALMOST KILLED ME! I was BLEEDING THROUGH MY SKIN, OUT OF MY EYES, NOSE, MOUTH AND EVERY OTHER ORIFICE! It caused my body to attack itself! My immune system attacked the platelets in my blood. The condition is called thrombocytopenia and there is NO CURE for this PERMANENT AUTOIMMUNE DISORDER! It never helped with my infection either! I wish I could sue!

Related Reading: thrombocytopenia

Comment from: sherizzo@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 11

I took these antibiotics for almost 10 days..Was visiting up north and when I came back home to Florida I went out in my backyard for a while..Well I broke out in a full body rash,headache and the shakes during the night..I thought I was going to die!!! I have an appt on monday -today is saturday-I noticed the rash on friday and called my doctor but very hard to get in right away....I still feel like crap...

Comment from: Bree103, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 19

I tend to get several Abscess' in my groin area at least once a month if not more. They are very painful and I do not like to take pills at all. I do not like Bactrim at all it upsets my stomach to no end. It does not matter how much water or food I take with it my stomach just can not handle it. It sometime gets me to the point of vomiting. I really hate taking it! But on the other hand it seems to work.

Comment from: Jmarfrogs, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 06

Within the first 5 hours of taking Bactrim I experienced swollen gums and sore throat. I continued taking the meds since I've took it before and it worked fast but have stopped after the third day. I now have small bumps is patches all over (looks like poison oak) that itches severly and blisters all in my mouth (hurts to eat or brush teeth). I wish i could take this med because it works, I felt 90% better after the first dose but it has serious side effects.

Related Reading: sore throat