Bactroban Ointment User Reviews

Bactroban Ointment - User Reviews

Bactroban Ointment User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Bactroban Ointment sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Chyennes, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 26

Bactroban had me at awe when I first used it with its fast effectiveness at healing my fever blister on my chin. This blister consumes my chin when my lymphnodes in my throat swell and using Bactroban it lasted about two weeks then it was completely gone/healed. I highly recommend this item to all that has a problem with cold sores, fever blisters or issues of the sort. I deal with this fever blister about every year now and would not be caught without my Bactroban. I keep some at home all the time!!! I never know when the blister may pop up.

Related Reading: fever

Comment from: alt, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 11

This cream is a MIRACLE!!!! I get severe boils and bactroban almost eliminates them within 24-48 hours. Before my doctor had me start using this cream, most of my boils had to be lanced and drained in the doctor's office...ouch, by the way! My doctor also has me use my bactroban on my acne and it clears up within 24 hours. It works on ingrown hairs as well. I am a 35 year old female who has been using this for almost 7 years now. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

Related Reading: boils | acne

Comment from: Happy Patient, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 19

I have used this medication off and on for many years now. It was prescribed to me for MRSA infection. Any time I see something that even resembles a recurrance popping up, I put a little Bactroban on it and the next day it is gone. This is TRULY a miracle drug. I have also used it on those really hard, deep pimples that you feel 3 weeks before you see them. Just put a little dab of bactroban on the spot and "poof", no more pimple.

Related Reading: MRSA

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 10

I was given teh generic of bactroban only yesterday and i have seen a mild improvement on the liesons on my breat. i've also used it on acne in that day and i have seen an improvement in that, also. it's unfortunate some of the people who wrote reviews and many others, i'm sure, had to pay such a high amount for the med. i managed to pay $10 for the generic. i'm hoping this will clear up the leisons on my skin! only time will tell.

Comment from: freebird, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 05

I'm a 35yr old female w/ cystic acne and this med. has been the best thing I've found. I've tried everything over the counter and none of it helped at all in fact some of it made it worse. This med is great, however it is very costly, w/ out Ins. it cost 144.00, after my Ins. it was still 50.00 but it's worth it!!!!!

Comment from: MrsP, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 25

After using Neosporin Ointment on wounds for years, I suddenly developed an allergy to it. The affected area developed multiple blisters which became infected. Not good! My dermatologist prescribed Bactroban 2% Ointment SKB to heal the infection. I got the generic form which is Mupirocin 2% Ointment TEV. The Mupirocin did a good job of clearing up the infected area. Doctor also prescribed Clobetasol Propionate Ointment because the blisters were very itchy. The skin healed well without a scar! I now use the Mupirocin for minor cuts/wounds in place of Neosporin with good results.

Related Reading: allergy

Comment from: dmko, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 01

i used this medecine to treat a sore on my lip and it worked well but i wound up with thrush in my mouth from it.

Related Reading: thrush

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 22

My 8 yr old son had a surface infection on his arm pit. After applying this medicine I seen that it was working the next day.

Comment from: wibrowns, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 19

I first used this product to treat an open wound after surgery. I worked great!! I use oxygen and occassionally get raw skin on my nose or ears from the canula. This clears it up in just a few days. Wonderful product.

From WebMD