Bactroban Ointment User Reviews

Bactroban Ointment - User Reviews

Bactroban Ointment User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Bactroban Ointment sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jude_Meyers@yahoo.com, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 26

I have used Bactroban Topical Ointment in the past for treating skin infections on my lower legs, caused by cellulitis and have been happy with the results. Now that I've been diagnosed with some form of pustulent skin condition, I'm using it again to help heal the ugly skin lesions and blisters. I'm very satisfied with the rate of improvement that I've seen in only a couple of days of use and would highly recommend this product.

Related Reading: cellulitis

Comment from: amy, 35-44 Published: May 15

Bactriban is great - SilvaSorb Gel is better and more broad spectrum. You can purchase it online or at your local DME (durable medical equipment) store.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 18

My father and I experience some kind of foot fungas. He said his Doctor said is was in our bodies and would never go away. However, this ointment within days makes my skin like that of a baby! Amazing results! Typically every two to three weeks I give myself a small treatment where needed. So either the fungas is not strong or the medicine is just great. I would defintely recommend it for that kind of use.

Comment from: dog walker, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 06

Had a sore that wouldn't clear with OTC triple antibiotic. Doctor prescribed and the sore cleared up in two weeks and hasn't returned. I'm keeping the remaining ointment for future use.

Comment from: capt. Ron, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 11

sores in nose were healed quickly, it says not to use but for me it worked thats whats important to me!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

I had an infection right in the corners of my lips. I could not open my mouth enough to eat because the skin would crack and release puss. It was extremely painful. After one day of using bactroban i noticed much relief. My only gripe is that I could not get generic- $45!!!

Comment from: Palmer1994, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 25

The doctor did not culture the rash on my daughter's chin but simply prescribed Bactroban. She thought maybe it was Impetigo or some sort of bacterial rash. Well, after 7 days of use it was worse than when I was applying Caladryl on it. Today, I went back to the doctor and asked them to culture the rash. They did and also prescribed Augmentin to see if that might help. I hope the culture shows something at this juncture.

Related Reading: rash | Impetigo | Augmentin

Comment from: Tacatcon, 0-2 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 29

My 23 month old daughter's dermatologist prescribed this to help clear up her "open" areas from her severe eczema. There has been no improvement and actually since yesterday I think her skin is worse.

Related Reading: eczema

Comment from: modart1@aol.com, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 08

This cream was prescribed for me for what my doctor thought was MERSA. The culture tests showed it wasn't, but I wasn't told what it did show. I have been using it for six days & have seen NO improvement.

Comment from: bactroban, 65-74 Female Published: December 16

can you use this on shingles

Related Reading: shingles

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 03

Other than having to apply so often I had no problem with it