Banzel User Reviews

Banzel - User Reviews

Banzel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Banzel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: JustMe, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 17

My daughter was having tonic seizures every 5 minutes even though she was also taking dilantil, felbatol, keppra, klonopin. Banzel was added around March 2010. It is now August 2010. Once we got to the point of taking 1600mg/day, the effect was amazing. However, getting there was tough. Lots of vomiting. Now, as long as we feed her before she takes the meds, she will not get sick. She is 30 and disabled since birth with uncontrolled seizures since birth. This drug seems to work for her.

Related Reading: felbatol | keppra | klonopin

Comment from: cammysmom, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: March 25

Banzel worked very well for my daughter for the first 8 months. Prior to starting this med, she was having drop seizures almost daily & we had to make several trips to the ER for head injuries (lacerations) due to falls. We were able to take her off of three medications (Topamax, Clonidine & Lyrica), but after stopping the Lyrica, she began having tonic seizures. Now she's back on Lyrica, the Banzel dosage has been increased, and she's starting on Vimpat now because she's still having seizures several times per week.

Related Reading: Banzel | Topamax | Lyrica

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 20

My son has had seziures since 9 months old. This new medincine has increased his seziure activity very much so.

Comment from: PAC MAN, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 23

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS MEDICATION FOR ABOUT SIX MONTHS I STARTED WITH A LOW DOSE AND INCREASED PRETTY FAST OVER THE NEXT SIX WEEKS I WAS ALSO DECREASING ANOTHER SEIZURE MED AT THE TIME. BEFORE I COULD GET ON THE DOSEAGE I WAS TO TAKE I WAS GAGGING AND TRYING TO VOMIT.

Related Reading: SEIZURE

Comment from: chasescoffee, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 24

i pretty much liked my experiance on this stuff but i have to say i got a VNS about the same time i went on Banzel.

Comment from: tree, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 26

It has made some what of a difference in his over all however he is still having drop seizures

Comment from: Dhaniboi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 01

it has helped a lot

Comment from: judyjudy01985, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 24

My nero dr said to take this med and told me I cant stop taking I have swolen feet gaining weight all I do is sleep 400Mlg tabs 3 morring and Night but I as well am taking lyrica 150 mlg 2xs day and Ic Levetirac 500mlg 2x2 lorazepam0.5 every 6 hours(stoped taking that I was so stoned) migranes I take sumatriptan 100 mgl tabs 2 waiting for surgry im sick to my stomace all the time strugle to funtion I told the brighams and womens Dr I need my meds changed waiting swollen sleepy and waiting for that feel better Im still having grand mals blacking out cant rember strange how I got this at 42

Comment from: Dusty, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 13

I have taken most of the epileptic medications available since my first convulsion in 1974. With each medication, I either suffered reactions or my system built a resistance to the action of the medicine. When I began Banzal I feared my seizures were about to return to a non controlled status. At that time I was on Keppra and Lamictal, with my physician removing me from Lamicatal due to reactions. Within 6 weeks of beginning the rufinimide experimental treatment, my seizures had lessened a significant amount - from several a week to one or two a month. Currently, it has been 18 months since my last seizure. I have been able to complete my Bachelor of Social Work degree and will have my MA in Gerontology in May. Prior to this, my seizures have caused me to be forced to discontinue my education since 1979, each time I attempted to advance. I believe that further studies are warranted to determine the effect of rufinimide upon the elderly and on women in perimenopause and who are fully menopausal, to see if horomonal changes affect the medication on the system.

Related Reading: Lamictal

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.