Baraclude User Reviews

Baraclude - User Reviews

Baraclude User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Baraclude sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: angel, 45-54 (Patient) Published: December 10

I have been using baraclude for nearly a year and I am cured. I continue to take the medication and I feel refreshed.

Comment from: Mojo, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 24

Been on this med for this for 3 months now. DNA went from 600k to 800 after 1 month. Next lab in 3 months. So far no side effects. I take right before bedtime. At least 4 hrs after last meal (although 2 hrs is enough). I am using the 5 mg tab. White triangular. I keep the med and a bottle of water by bedside. This way I won't forget to take.

Comment from: myOne, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 12

This is my 7th day of taking Baraclude; so far no any side effect on me. I take it every night at 10pm (3 hours after meal); anyone can tell me if this is timely?

Comment from: Mark H, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 28

After a liver transplant almost 2 years ago I was taking Baraclude.5mg daily and receiving HBIG injections monthly. Currently the HBV level is low and the HBIG has been reduced to every 3 months. My doctors seem to be against stopping the HBIG immediately but hope to reduce or eliminate them over time. So far Baraclude is working for me. No problems at all. A little triangular tablet sure beats a double shot is the a$$. A LOT less expensive than HBIG too.

Comment from: d, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 25

my numbers are lower

Comment from: joe7105, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 02

my mother is a carrier.i have 305 virus count. prescribed lamivudine by my doctorin the pihilippines.undected after one month. as i arrive in the unitedstates my doctor changed to baraclude. for 2 years still a carrier. don't know when to stop taking this medication.

Comment from: TattPayne, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 14

I have mild chronic HepB and liver adenoma, started Baraclude 0.5mg daily since Sep 2011. Dec 2011 I had a blood work showing the viral down from 5 trillions to about 19,000. AST was back to normal at 34 from 76. ALT was high at 41 but down from 98 though. Antigen was still positive showing "active" so I need to continue this drug until it is negative, will get another blood work again in Mar 2012. This drug works well so far. My joint pain and fatique are way better than before and I am ready to go back to work again!

Comment from: Granny Glow Worm, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 30

My chronic Hepatitis B was not found until I had already developed cirrhosis. Baraclude has been a life saver for me. I find it very easy to take first thing in the morning, and my system tolerates it very well. My quarterly blood tests all come back with normal numbers. I'm extremely happy that my liver doctor chose Baraclude for me.

Related Reading: Hepatitis | cirrhosis

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 02

I've been on Baraclude for 3 years. Lab works and ultrasound is ordered every 6-12 months. Since my father died of liver cancer in his 50's, my doctor told me that I might need to be on it for the rest of my life to continue to keep the virus count to zero. It costs $1,200 per 30 days supply. I'm now 32 and if I live to be 77 years old (the US life expectancy), it would cost me about $648,000. I used to have insurance coverage on and off for over the period of those years. If your proof of yearly income is less than $47,000/household, or $55,000/house-hold of 3 members, Bristol-Meyer Squibb company (the manufacture) will send you free Baraclude every month as long as your doctor help sign your application. Thanks to Bristol-Mayer Sqibb for such a helpfull program to help save thousands of average-income Americans that need Baraclude. If you're one of us, you will surely get it for free from the manufacture.

Related Reading: liver cancer

Comment from: mike71, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 26

I have been taking baraclude for 24 days now and no apparent side effects. I take the med 2 hours after dinner, just before bedtime.