Benadryl Injection User Reviews

Benadryl Injection - User Reviews

Benadryl Injection User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Benadryl Injection sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 26

I had a very bad case of hives with no apparent cause, and they covered the entirety of my body, including my lips and face. Finally I couldn't handle the itching and pain in my feet, hands, and lips anymore. I went to my doctor who gave me an IV and gave me a dose of this as well as a steroid. I was given 50 mg of the benadryl and it started working right away- as well as making me very tired, and a side effect they hadn't seen before- I was giggly for about five minutes. Now the itching is at a minimum and I was prescribed Atarax and Prednisone for management. I feel and work much better after that IV- even though I'm a little tired, it's a lot easier to focus than if your whole body constantly itches, even when you're taking over the counter Claritin and Benadryl. You do have to get it via prescription or in an IV, so it's hard to get your hands on.

Related Reading: hives | itching | benadryl

Comment from: HeartMom#1, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 25

My 2 1/2 year old was given this after open heart surgery to relieve itchiness from other pain meds. She got addicted and when she was no longer receiving it she began hallucinating and having strange fits. I would make sure that if you or your child will be given this medication that you consider the risks. I thought that because it was Benadryl and commonly used medication that it was fine but had no idea that it could cause temporary psychosis!

Comment from: Painsucks1, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 30

I suffer from RSD/CRPS, a severe pain syndrome and because it affects my autoimmune system, I get yearly MRSA/CELLULITIS infections. The only antibiotic I can tolerate, is IV Vancomycin, along with the IV Benadryl to stop what is called the "Red Man Syndrome" where it causes people to become red all over. It stops that reaction, along with the nausea and pain from the RSD/CRPS. I call it my wonder drug since I can't take Anti-Cholinergenic meds, such as Droperidol, Compazine or Phenergran as they induce what is called an Anti-Cholinergenic Drug Induced Pyschosis. Not a fun side effec. You don't know who you are, where you are, you become Psychotic, imaginaing anything and everything and it's like every nerve fiber is on fire due to the RSD/CRPS. Many medical personnel feel it is addictive, although it is only an anti-histamine. I don't get a high off of it, nor even feel it, it just stops my nausea and helps my pain significantly. All I can do is taste it when it's given IV and it tastes horrible. I wish I could break the stigma of it being addictive.

Related Reading: MRSA | CELLULITIS | Compazine

Comment from: benadryl, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 19

I was prescribe benadryl 1ml in 9ml of Normal Saline and a mistake was made I got bendryl 1 m in 8ml of Normal SALINE

Related Reading: Normal Saline

Comment from: janpan4, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 13

Nurse in ER gave 25mg IV Benadryl for Vanco severe skin reaction...told her I was sleepy...sent me home within 20 min...I drove self...Went immed. to sleep at home DANGEROUS and I'm a nurse

Comment from: janpan, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 13

However, It was given to me IV by a nurse in the ER for reaction to Vanco. ...I became very sleepy...They discharged me within 20 min, even tho I told her I was sleepy, drove self home, fell asleep immediately.WRONG TO DISCH SO SOON

Published: July 16

Hate to say this, but the drug is addictive, and should be used with the same caution as other addictive medications.

Comment from: Bugs, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 01

Caused trouble swallowing - lump in throat

Comment from: tink, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 25

I was given Benadryl IV push for a migraine. It made my BP spike and my heart pound. It was very scary.

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: bill, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 22

used to treat asthma