Benadryl User Reviews

Benadryl - User Reviews

Benadryl User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Benadryl sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: robin Fairchild, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 19

I self-prescribed benadryl for myself due to serious insomnia. It definitely worked, giving me a very good night's sleep. But the downside is I believe it badly trashed my short-term memory. And I read a report on another website that it was indeed potentially quite harmful in this regard. So regretfully I discontinued the benadryl. But it did work quite well when I used it and I am sorry it has had this effect on my memory. On a side note I was prescribed Lunesta by a sleep clinic doctor. It also worked quite well but had a similar effect on memory. So I had to give that up. And now I take nothing for my insomnia and am usually sleep-deprived during the day.

Related Reading: benadryl | insomnia | sleep

Published: October 29

Got rid of full body hives, but with EXTREME drowsiness.

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: joedoe, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

I started to take the soft gels for sleep aid, but I use a knife to punch a hole into the sofe gel and squeeze half of the contents into the sink. Take it 30 minutes before going to bed and I sleep through the nite with 6-7 hrs sleep without any effects.

Comment from: Hearstoday, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 22

1 tab 30 min before sleep. I sleep the whole night through. I wake alert and refreshed. no drowsy waking effects.

Comment from: Rested, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 28

I have been very satisfied with this drug. It has helped me get a good nights sleep without feeling drowsy in the morning.

Comment from: justaptient, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 03

i occasionally take benadryl before bed if i have been having problems sleeping and need a good nights sleep. i can justify taking it because i also have allergies and can become quite congested when i lay down at night especially when pollen and ragweed are in season so i have to sleep with two pillows. i suggest having at last 8 hours to rest or you will wake up drowsy. it usually wears off completely after about 10 hours for me. works fairly well for insomnia most of the time but does not always work. but i figure its better than taking ambien or xanax, which are both pretty potent and addicting.

Related Reading: ambien | xanax

Comment from: ocadena, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 13

I use the pink tablet which I'm able to break in half. 1/2 hour later I'm sound asleep. Be careful though in trying to skimp and purchasing same as products, ie Waldryl caused my tongue to swell up for 6 hours. Benadryl has worked for me for the past 2 years and no side effects, well except for one good one. I take it before sex, and it helps prolong the pleasure. It desensetizes the senses enough to prevent premature ejaculation. Belive it or not.

Comment from: rafvt1@peoplepc.com, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 02

It helps me to sleep 6-7 hrs instead of the usual 4.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 11

I have been satisfied so far but is it safe for regular use?

Comment from: $@!$^^, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years Published: October 26

very effective for sleeping; also as a relaxant. no next day foggy, unclear feelings from 25-50 mg./night.

Comment from: Tina, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 30

Severe allergic reaction to new soap. My face was swollen and it worked but I was SLEEPY! It was worth is though