Benadryl User Reviews

Benadryl - User Reviews

Benadryl User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Benadryl sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: trixie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 16

Does anyone have upset stomach from taking this drug? For people using it to sleep-do you have to keep increase the dosage in order for it to be effective?

Comment from: 1sickpuppy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 05

I have a script for Ambien, it doesn't work for me at all. My Daughter gave me some Trazadone and I take half of one and two Benadryls, and i sleep for 5 1/2 to 6 hours. I have been taking Benadryl for about 7 years, and by (2) its self its good for two to three hrs. sleep. No side effects.

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 31

It was like a roller coaster ride with some attributed anxienty

Comment from: Panej, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 06

Started having body itch all over my body and was told by a doctor to try benadryl allergy. The relief was almost instant, but got drowsy pretty quickly but would wake up in the morning alert (big plus). Relief lasts for up to 24 hours on just one 25mg tab. Sometimes though, I wouldn't really say whether I'm taking it for the restful sleep or the itching, but I'm please to kill two birds with one stone as I was suffering from insomnia from time to time months before I started taking it. I have been taking it almost daily now for two months and I hope this is fine.

Related Reading: allergy | itching

Comment from: diluted, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 23

if you are on mood stablizers such as (Zyprexa) and possible taking seudoeffedrine for sinus headache. Be advised : Could cause a dimentia like symptom mixed with sleep disruption.

Related Reading: Zyprexa | sinus headache

Comment from: Cherylann79, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 17

Took this for a week due to SEVERE allergies (nothing else helped!) And I got fast/irregular heartbeats, trouble breathing. So bad I took myself to the Urgent Care and they scripted me Allegra. 1 day w/ no benadryl so far and no more anxiety/hb issues. Allegra is helping w/ the allergies too! Be CAUTIONED if you take this drug. Benadryl always used to help w/allergies and sleep but now it scares the CRAP out of me. I'm only 31 and otherwise healthy so be warned!

Related Reading: Allegra | anxiety

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 05

Hives from bedbug bites. Benadryl stops the itch for about 4 hours per 25mg pill. The stuff is magic. Histamine causes capillaries to be porous enough to leak plasma, but not hemoglobin. This is where swelling comes from. A histamine blocker like Benadryl (or any diphenhydramine hydrochloride) blocks the hystamine receptors and prevents the reaction. It doesn't cure the reason for hives, but makes the itch go away real good. Plus drowsy.

Comment from: vinnythered, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 07

Worked really well.

Comment from: T3R3S1T@, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 26

This medication help me get better while i slept although it does make you a little drowsy.

Comment from: julie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 18

my boyfriend got string today and is not feel to good

Comment from: sue, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 27

benadryl stopped the itching, though after taking it i cannot sleep. took 6 pills at intervals and was awake every hour the whole night