Benicar HCT User Reviews

Benicar HCT - User Reviews

Benicar HCT User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Benicar HCT sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: TRuxpin, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 07

Been on Benicar 40/25 for 4 years. BP before medication 190/110, Afterwards 125/75. Side effects, heavy urination and numb finger tips when resting. Otherwise, I am pleased.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 15

Lowered my blood pressure. But, have extreme fatigue, flu like, aches, and don't feel like doing anything except sleeping. probably should not have stopped taking it but did not take it yesterday and feel much better today. going to the Dr.'s to get off this stuff.

Comment from: rattyrara, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 04

I started taking Benicar/hct 18months ago after taking lisinopril,which kept me with this awful cough,hacking day and night. Benicar has kept my pressure down without all of the side effects.I'm an african-america female,age 47.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 30

BP was 191/110 and didn't know it. started out with 20/12.5 down to 130/94 meds up to 40/12.5 no change still 130/94. headaches, muscle aches, joint shoulder/knee pain dizzy, vertigo, sometimes feel like legs weigh 1000 lbs and don't want to do much. lots of tention in neck. dr added lisinopril and if this doesn't help, then will change to something else. Don't like feeling this way.

Related Reading: vertigo

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 06

fatigue, muscle aches, soreness of joints

Comment from: Dennis, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 16

This medication has given me ED with no wants or desire feeling for sexual gratification. There must be a better way to help lower my blood pressure and keep the desire going.

Related Reading: sexual

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 03

2 family members prescribed same drug,all were relatively healthy otherwise,early in treatment all had severe arthritis symptoms,swollen joints,inability to use hands.

Comment from: Cookie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 30

My doctor decided to change my medication to Benicar HCT 20/25 DEC 2009. By the end of FEB 2010 I started noticing joint/muscle pain in my arms and legs. I was sleeping alot even when I should be awake during the day. At work it was hard to keep from nodding at times. Very strange, for me, when I had a full nights rest. I felt tired all the time. My arms hurt to raise them and were weak. Edema in my hands, legs and feet. I was not on any other medication. I was very concerned. I got in to see my doctor but not until April 2010. He changed the medication to Triamterene HCTZ 37.25 last week. So far I notice my joints are still hurting but not all the weakness as before. The edema is going away. I am alert again thank goodness! Thanks for letting me share this if it can help someone else.

Related Reading: muscle pain | Edema

Comment from: WHO DAT !!, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 27

I have taken this drug 40/25 for 5 years, and it has lowered my blood pressure down to an average of 120/70(athletic). I was 220/190,walking dead. I had tried 7 other drugs prior to this one,and they only lowered my pressure just a little. I suggest walking a lot to keep up your energy when using this drug.