Benicar User Reviews

Benicar - User Reviews

Benicar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Benicar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: pendutch, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 21

I was taking Cozaar for years and I had good results. I retired and couldn't pay the price. My doctor changed me to Benicar at my request which is 1/2 the cost of Cozaar. Not a good move. I have a chronic cough and so much itching skin. I will trim the dose to 10MG and see if that works for me. Otherwise adios to Benicar and I'll have to pay for Cozaar as there is no generic. This website really helps.

Related Reading: Cozaar | itching

Comment from: jhesterj, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 17

I have been taking Benicar 40mg for 6 years. I have tried alot of BP medicines, but none have worked as well as this one. Some side affects: decreases sex desire and ability; standing up quickly on golf course...my head spins if sun is out and hot; I feel like I am going to black out. Decreases your energy level. If you drink too much alcohol, it causes your heart rate to increase while you sleep. If I get off this medicine, my BP goes right back up. Even though I am taking it now...higher in the a.m.(165/90), after the morning BP reduces to(140/80). I take the BP medicine in the a.m. My experience w/ Benicar has been good, but there are a lot of negatives. I wish I could get off all BP medicine. I don't think it is good for anyone over the long-term.

Comment from: cowpatty, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 01

Depression, fatigue, confusion,hair loss, trembling, coughing, can't breathe, no urine. 20mg. cut in half to try and stem side effects. Stopped yesterday and started flushing my system w/liquids. Already better! Going to try herbs, this was poison!

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 05

Benicar will cause your extremities to lose natural color during sexual activity as blood flows elsewhere. Benicar will negatively affect your ability to maintain and desire as well. This stuff also causes sore throats and dry mouth. The FDA should remove Benicar and Avapro from the market.

Related Reading: sexual | dry mouth | Avapro

Comment from: ttc, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 21

HAD KIDNEY FAILURE DUE TO THIS DRUG

Related Reading: KIDNEY FAILURE

Comment from: B, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

Induced an alergic reaction. I broke out in hives.

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: Lawnmower, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 08

While Benicar (20 mgs.) has helped my high blood pressure, I am having other difficulties. My legs ache constantly, my right arm stings from my wrist to my shoulder and my joints are extremely sore.

Comment from: Hannah, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 21

pStarted med in Nov. 2008 and felt good at first since it did lower my bp. As time passed, though, I began to feel various symtoms; a chronic cough, trouble breathing, sinus congestion, headache, neck muscle pain, fatigued/sleepiness. Recently, I went to the Dr. for stomach pains/inflamation, and rectal bleeding. It tested positive for blood in the stool and a CT Scan was ordered and was shocked to find out I have liver problems among other things, like sugar in the blood, high level of creatinine, and bladder/UTI problems. None of which I previously had a problem with. I do not take any other medication on a regular basis, so I attribute these symptoms directly to the Benicar HCT, especially after reading the side effects that coincided with my symptoms and that regretfully I read after the fact. Don't make the same mistake I did, excusing the symptoms with other causes you think it might be. Always read the contraindications and side effects first, so you can determine early what truly caused you the problems. Consequently, I don't know how all this will turn out for me in the end, but I sure hope that there is no permanent damage to any of my vital organs. I will not be taking this med anymore, that's for sure.

Related Reading: headache | muscle pain | rectal bleeding