Benicar User Reviews

Benicar - User Reviews

Benicar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Benicar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: joemoss334@hotmail.com, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 20

Sexual side effects are a reality. This medicine is not for sexually active males. I have stopped this medication on my own. This is one of those bp medications you can stop w/o doctor's monitoring.

Comment from: dcos, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 19

Have been taking 10mg (20 split) 12 mos for mild hypertension. Very effective. Mild exercise causes pressure to drop further so weight loss and conditioning might require lower dosage or might not be needed at all, but excepting that, keeps me in good range. No obvious side effects. Very satisfied.

Comment from: ptclil, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 06

Dizzines-Wonder if thinning hair is from this medication since I do not take any others. Terrible lower back pain, leg pain if I sit too long (Never had this before) Will see doctor to see if he can recommend another medication. I do get pain in my scalp and never had this before.

Related Reading: lower back pain

Comment from: newtohighBP, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 22

I was on Benicar 40 (for 2 wks), then reduced to 20 for 3 weeks and I truly believe that Benicar is responsible for the onset of Panic Attacks (never had prior). I'm off the Benicar now, but my side effects were so bad that I spent 3 weeks not able to get out of the bed. Sore throat, lost 13 pounds, muscle aches, heavy limbs, general fatique, dizziness, inconsistent BP with some major drops. Went to the ER twice with 2 of the more intense panic attacks. Been off that med (now on lisinipril) for about 2 1/2 months, but I still don't feel 100% myself or well and think I've hung on to some of the anxiety. I would never recommend this drug and wish that I'd never taken it.

Related Reading: Panic Attacks

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 01

I have been using 10 mg Benicar for 4 months for high bp. I have recently started getting cough/shortness of breath if I miss a dose. Is cough a common side effect if a dose is missed? I have not felt any other side effects except that I need to take a nap during the day without which I cannot function properly. Has anyone who takes benicar noticed any weight gain ot loss while on it?