Benlysta User Reviews

Benlysta - User Reviews

Benlysta User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Benlysta sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: LupusAdventurer, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 03

I am 10 weeks into my treatment with Benlysta and have had 4 infusions. Slight reactions after the first treatment of fatigue, short-lasting shooting headaches and occasional dizziness for 1 week, but no reactions after the subsequent infusions. My symptoms began greatly decreasing about 2 weeks ago. I am feeling a great deal better, with less pain, more energy, improved cognition, reduced joint swelling, reduced malaise, overall feeling good for the first time in two years.

Related Reading: Benlysta | fatigue | dizziness

Comment from: Stacey, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 27

Started with my first doses in August. I didn't have any side effects except for a metallic taste in my mouth for a few days and being really tired and run down, more then usual, for the first 48 hours after the infusion. After this past I felt wonderful. I was able to reduce and almost stop my pain medication and after seeing my doctor she stated my test results were so promising that she reduced my metho weekly dose!! I know when it is time for my next infusion because I start to experience the symptoms of this disease more. I am so happy I am taking this medication!!

Comment from: TracyKay, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 23

Received my 4th infusion last week. Noticing less joint pain and increased range of motion. Best of all no flares. I feel more energy than I have had in 2 years and am able to stay more active. It appears to be helping me a lot. I am so grateful for this miracle drug. It's given my life back to me.

Comment from: dovecote2_, 65-74 (Patient) Published: October 22

The first infusion left me with a 3 martinis reaction. Then some nausea and very tired for a couple of days. The second was quite different in body response. Mostly just very tired and no appitite. My third is scheduled for 10/31 so I'm sure it will be intersting afterwards. No change in pain or the myriad of other lupus symptoms. Dr. said after the fifth I should start noticing small increments of relief.

Related Reading: lupus

Comment from: Lia2020, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 15

I began Benlysta in May 2011 and on August 31, 2011 I was told that I'm in remission. I have never been in remission and I was diagnoised in 1999.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 19

It is so easy to do. I have not had any side affects. Very happy with this medication.

Comment from: Jack, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 31

I have received my second infusion. Both have brought severe flares such as I have not had for two years. Joints ache, stuffy sinuses and severe headache are also present. I'm so tired, that I have slept off and on between bouts of pain.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: DJ, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 02

I have only had the first 3 initial infusions of Benlysta, and from the very being I could feel a difference in my body. I have never had anything, other than my first steroid injection, that gave me this type of energy. I do still have days that I am not well, but not as often and I recover within a day or two, whereas it use to take up to 5 to 7 days of complete rest to get over my major flares. I am still in the beginning of this treatment, but at this point I am very happy with the results. No one should have to live the way I have for the past 15 years not knowing what day is going to be a good day or not a good day. It is like having the flu all the time living with lupus. Now I am able to get out and enjoy my life, and some days I still have energy to spare! That is a miracle.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: anon, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 31

I have had positive results from taking this . my joint pain has lessened and I have more energy and less fatigue . I am making other changes in my life with diet and exercise and don't know if they are the reason for the improvements or the Benlysta. I still experience occasional vision problems and dizziness unfortunately .

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.