Bentyl User Reviews

Bentyl - User Reviews

Bentyl User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Bentyl sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mommyz71999, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 01

I have been having upper abdominal problems for over 2 months now. I have even been to a GI DR. They ran many tests and they have all came out normal. I was also treated with narcotic pain meds and all thedid was make me feel worse. Finally I went into the ER and the found it was Gastritis. They gave me this medicine and a GI coctail. I have to say that since I have been on this medicine I have been feeling much better. 2 thumbsup to the person who invented this drug!

Related Reading: Gastritis

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 25

I was starting to miss work because of my severe IBS. This is the first thing that has worked consistently for me. I haven't had a stomach ache, cramping, diarrhea, constipation... absolutely no stomach issues in 2 weeks. It is amazing! I have some trouble remembering to take the meds, four times a day is alot. I am also bloated more than normal and sleepier than usual. No other side effects to report, no g.i. symptoms either.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: Marlene S., 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 31

I have been taking this med for around 20 years. nothing else has worked as well. Every time a new med comes along Drs want to change my meds i refuse. I figured "If it aint broke don't fix it" I will keep taking this till the day I die.. I also tell friends and family to try this not the new fangled meds They always have sides that they discover. Stick with a winner!!

Comment from: 3rdaide, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 03

Bentyl helps me sleep, but I take it after supper so I won't have gut cramping. I recently found out I had lactose and tomatoe intolerance. It is helping me recover from IBS and GERD after correcting my diet. I DON't take it in the morning unless I don't have to go to work, because it makes me sleepy. The doctor said I could still take it with Imodium, when necessary, but I am finding the keys to the diet my gut likes. SEE AN ALLERGIST!!!

Related Reading: sleep | Imodium

Comment from: s, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 15

I am a 50 year old female who has ischemic colitis.I had horrible flareups that landed me in the hospital for weeks.I have been on this medication now for over one year and it has helped me tremendously. No hospital! Great medication,just take it as prescribed. it works!

Related Reading: colitis

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 11

This is a great medicine. Within 30 minutes, my stomach felt great and had no pain or cramping. Made me a little dizzy at first, but after a few days it stopped. I only take it 2x a day and it works great.

Comment from: Joe, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 19

Before taking Bentyl, my bowl movements were regular and almost always very loose. Have been taking 3 times a day for 3 mmonths and I am probably 3/4 of the way to normal. Most of my movements are firm, and they are not as forced or irregular. I am very grateful to my colorrectal MD for prescribing this for me.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 19

I take 10mg anywhere from 1-3 times per day as needed for IBS. It does little to ease my abdominal pain, that I can tell. The worst has definitely been the side effects. I am VERY sensitive to medications and experience unpleasant side effects with nearly any medication, and bentyl has been no different. My worst reactions, which occur even when I have been off it for several days and only take one pill, I have very unpleasant mental feelings (like paranoia and mild delusions), and blurred vision (to the point where I can no longer drive myself and cannot function in my classes, since I often can't even see the blackboard or projection screen!). My vision can't be corrected for this, since the degree of blurriness changes from day to day. Less problematic but still annoying is that it gives me very dry mouth. It also used to make me tired, but no so much anymore. I'm sure this medication has probably helped a lot of people, but it hasn't worked for me. My doctors are aware of all of the problems I've had, but none of them seem to care enough to do anything about it or change my medication. I am getting off of this as soon as I can.

GI Disorders