Bentyl User Reviews

Bentyl - User Reviews

Bentyl User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Bentyl sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: globe1956, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 17

I was told I had an infection, took anti-biotics. No help, I went to a hospital and they gave my a stronger anti-biotic. Next month I took antacids no help. the pain became so intense I took morphine, little help. Next hospital looked for gall bladder (hida) test. Next came ultra-sound and other test showed nothing and I finaly got to a Gastro. He thought it was IBS so I was given Bentyl. I was without pain for first time in 4 months. 6 weeks later pain spread to every part of my abdomin. Now I have stomach aches, intestinal cramps and pain and discomort every where. I have an apointment for a endoscopy. It only took 8 Doctors, giving me 9 diagnosess, and I am taking anti-depressants,antacids,metamucil, bentyl, prilosec, ambien and pain killers. I have slept 2 nites this week.

Related Reading: antacids | prilosec | ambien

Comment from: CCM, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 05

I was prescribed this for my IBS. While it has worked for that and totally returned my life back to normal, I do have some insomnia and depression that I didn't have before taking it. Overall I'm very satisfied. I'll take a little sleep deprivation anyday over how I was before!!!

Related Reading: insomnia | depression

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 19

i RECEIVED RELIEF WITHIN 10 DAYS OF STARTING THIS MEDICATION. I TOOK THIS MEDICATION ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO AS WELL AND IT WORKED VERY WELL.

Comment from: S.C. IN OHIO, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 14

NO MORE PAIN AND A LOT LESS DIARRHEA!!!!!!!!I GOT MY LIFE BACK!!!!

Comment from: Suz, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 07

I've had IBS for 40 years and am 65. It stops my colon from being spastic. It took this long to find a doctor who knew what to give me for the cramping. The spasms were debilitating, so I will be eternally grateful for this drug!

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 01

My wife recommended that I try this, as she has stomach trouble as well. I have been pleased with its effectiveness, has a rather calming affect that reduces the pain, and helps me sleep during the night, which is when alot of my trouble occurs.

Comment from: princess Rachel, 13-18 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 24

im 18 and have been on bentyl for about 3 or 4 years now. since being diagnosed with crohns disease this is the only med that keeps it in check about 90% of the time. i did realize since that i am "out of it" alot and quite tired, but bentyl combined with a hit of a bowl makes crohns extremely managable :)

Comment from: janemck, 13-18 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 08

It does what it is supposed to do. But, every other muscle in your body becomes relaxed as well, making daily activities sometimes difficult to do. Please note that this medication does not help with the amount of bowel movements you have. My doctor gave me two choices: reduce the abdominal cramping or reduce the amount of bowel movements. I wish it could do both.

GI Disorders