BenzaClin User Reviews

BenzaClin - User Reviews

BenzaClin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication BenzaClin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 08

I'm now 24 and I've suffered from acne since I was 12. I've use Proactive and also a combination prescription pill/cream and Benzaclin is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. I'm really not sure if people are slathering it on or what but I just do a thin layer in the morning and wait five minutes and it's never stained or bleached my clothes. I use Cetaphil daily facial moisturizer with SPF 15 and have never had any skin dryness or sunburn while using Benzaclin. It's just amazing. The only thing I would say is don't quit if your skin gets better! It will get worse again and it takes some time for Benzaclin to start working. Great product, life saver, and cheaper than the combined costs of the hundreds of OTC remedies I've tried.

Related Reading: sunburn

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 01

I've struggled with acne since I was a preteen. My doctors have tried a mulitude of meds, but my new dermatologist put me a daily routine that includes benzaclin. I was my face day and night with a prescription medicated wash and use benzaclin in the morning and retin-a micro at night. While I have experienced the typical peeling, redness and burning, the combination of the three have kept my blackheads, pimples and cysts at bay.

Related Reading: retin-a micro | cysts

Comment from: katiepaw2000@comcast.net, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 05

this seemed to clear up my acne more than anything i have tried in the past. i have been on numerous other treatments.

Published: May 02

I used this for over eight months - the only thing it did was bleach my clothes and dry my skin. After eights months I ended up having the same bad acne but with dry skin.

Related Reading: dry skin

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 04

It worked, and once my prescription ran out, it started to get worse, but not that much; the drug cleared up a lot but it took a while.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 02

After the first day of use I could see the results overnight.

Comment from: Plastic, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 13

I am using the generic version of Benzaclin. I do have the side effects listed on this site of the itching, burning! It hurts and is quite annoying but I am sure it is going to be well worth it, I am using this along with my Retin-A gel and hopefully things will progress to get rid of these under the skin pimples I have had since highschool. Plus the new breakouts now and then..

Related Reading: itching | Retin-A

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

This product has been amazing at treating my adult acne. I started getting acne as an adult about a year ago and could not find anything that would effectively treat it. It also became painful so I decided to go to the dermatologist. He prescribed Benzaclin and I found relief within two days (my acne was almost completely gone). I have been using it for three months and my skin is now clear.

Comment from: mimosa_1, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 06

I've been using benzaclin for 2 weeks now, and in combination with minocycline, so far it's the only thing that has worked for my adult acne. Great product!!

Comment from: Elle707, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 26

I have only been using Benzaclin for a few days now, but I already see a difference. It shrank two cysts dramatically already. I have been using it twice a day and it is drying and leaves your skin pink, but it doesn't look bad. Be sure to use a non comedogenic moisturizer. My skin is also much smoother all over.