Betapace User Reviews

Betapace - User Reviews

Betapace User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Betapace sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: okalhoma, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 26

does this sotalol work with viagara or vise versa?

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 11

I experienced either a very rapid irregular heart beat or a very slow beat. Lots of swelling and rapid weight gain also.

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 09

I have a lack of energy and fatigue.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: SW Florida , 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 06

I have taken Betapace since 2002 with only two episodes of atrial fib of less than a day each. I take 80mg twice a day. Prior to Betapace, Toprol was ineffective. If I have a cold or the flu, sometimes a third dosage in the afternoon is helpful.

Related Reading: Betapace | flu

Comment from: Tree, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 17

I've been very tierd all of the time since i began this med. and i also have had rapid weight gain. im wondering if i quit the meds, will the weight be hard to get off??

Comment from: debbie 1949, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 22

after a failed ablation my doctor started me on this..to prevent afib rvr..as long as I take the drug as prescribed I do not feel irregular heartbeats

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 01

Makes me feel bad all the time.

Comment from: Al, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 17

In my opinion this medication caused my platelet low count. Thrombocytopenia is listed as one of the adverse side effects for Sotalol HCL.

Related Reading: Thrombocytopenia

Comment from: Broadwing22, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 08

My Afib and AFlutter had gotten so bad that I had two Ablations within 12 months. The Betapace seemed to help following the ablation as my heart healed from the procedure. I am now off betepace... however, my sitting heat rate is over 80. I have always workout all of my life -- but now find that my heart rate during excercise is higher than ever. It has only been a week since I have been off of the meds. The Doctor suggested that it might be a few weeks for my heart rate to return to normal. Although Betapace seemed to help -- it did make me tired and at times somewhat depressed. By depressed I only mean a little down... nothing too serious. Bottomline -- if it works for you... great! However, you will need to be a motivated person at times to get "moving" during the day.

Comment from: linda, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 03

Changed from Metoprolol to Sotolol because of atril fibillation. Seemed to work for 1st 2 weeks now not so good. Feel bad most all of the time...worse atril fib than before. Notice it about 2 hrs after taking Sotolol.

Comment from: craigsmom34, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 06

My hands have blood spots all over them. It looks like broken capilaries all over my hands. I didn't have them before I started taking this medication.

Comment from: trying again, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 15

I recently started taking 80mg 2X a day and have ben increased to 160mg 2x a day. I previously was taking 50mg toprol but went back into A-fib. I feel the sotalol is more efective then the toprol was for me. I had my third cardioversion 2 days ago. I haven't had time for weight gain yet and don't notice mood changes. I find it odd that noone mentoned the dosages they take. I'm 44 yrs old.