Betapace User Reviews

Betapace - User Reviews

Betapace User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Betapace sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Brown Dude, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 06

I have been on Sotalol for over 24 months now, and it makes me feel very weak(rotten) and have muscle & joint pains, and worst of all it decreased my libido.

Comment from: hcbcdaisy, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 06

My mother only started taking this medication about a week ago. She was weak before but even more so now. I'm trying to pin down which of her mass of medications may be causing the problem. I think from all your comments, this may be a contributing factor.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 27

Have been taking sotolol for two years have still had some atrial flutters. have somefatigue, and have gained at least 20pounds within 6 months. have been very moody,any one else have these problems?

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 24

treated for paroxysmal AF; progressed to max dose (160 mg BID); ineffective; zero side effects.

Published: July 26

concern about a heart rate below 50 and 45

Comment from: JohnJohndavid, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 17

had some kind of heart problem when I was 34, A doctor decided I had Tachy Brady Syndrom. Was placed on sotalol at first to help slow my heart rate, My heart rate got so slow that it nearly killed me, So they decided to place a pacemaker in me. Now I take sotalol 80 2day But I now have A-Fib So they say. My problem is I GAINED allot of weight and I have really hard heart beats and palpatations from the med. It also makes me very hot and even causes irruglar Heart rate for about two hours after taking the med. But I am told I can not stop the med. I am 44 now and still deal with the side affects of sotalol HCL Sotalol can cause sudden death and that really bothers me. But my heart doctor keeps pushing it. Even tho the pill puts me in the hospital at least once a month. I dont think this pill is one of the safest meds for A-Fib but like crestor (Which is another very scarey drug) it is pushed by the pharmc companies. Some times I think these doctors get big kick backs from the med companys to push these meds. I know this isnt much help. But just wanted people to know that sotalol hcl is a dangerous drug

Related Reading: crestor

Comment from: jenajena, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 17

I have been on "Sotalol" "BETAPACE' 80mg 2xday. Works great. A Drugest tried to give me the "BETAPACE AF! Instead of my regualur BETAPACE and OMG! They only thought and told me there is NO difference. YES there IS! And lifetherating! You can look both up on Medplus! I now before I leave drugstore, check meds, it's happened before.

Related Reading: BETAPACE AF

Comment from: dmbw2010, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 02

I had an ablation back in 2000 for tachacardia. Did the trick. Had palpitations for 3 months, quit for a month and started up again in June 2010. Went into hospital for 3 days June 20, on sotalol for palpitations. No problems. Still have a flutter now and then but nothing like it was. Don't know about weight gain, haven't gained since the hospital, in fact came down 5 pounds I think from eating the right foods. No snacking. Only once a week, whatever I want.

Related Reading: palpitations

Comment from: blizzard, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 26

My mother started this sotalolabout 5 weeks ago.She has been compaining of sudden and severe headaches over these past weeks that have gotten worse as time goes on. Has anyone else expeienced this symptom? She is on 80mg a day

Comment from: Defib, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 12

This drug is awesome...I have HOCM and just walking uphill is like a marathon for me. I am a student at Appalachian State so walking to class can be a pain in the neck. I started sotalol and my rhythm is more normal...I am on 80mg 2X a day but i take 160 in the morning and if i need it, ill take a pill at night...I have grown out of the fatigue and moodiness. Sotalol is my wonder drug.