Betaseron User Reviews

Betaseron - User Reviews

Betaseron User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Betaseron sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: rev1, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 03

I have been on Beta Seron for almost 16 years. I still have flu like symptoms every 8 - 10 weeks, but I figure it is no bother compared to the bodily weaknesses expressed before this medication was prescribed.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: linda710, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 18

I have been on Betaseron since 1995. My neurologist strongly feels it has made the difference between being in a wheelchair and walking with a cane, as I do now. After 15 years I have never developed antibodies against the drug. I take two Tylenol to alleviate the flu-like symptoms with each injection. I urge others with MS not to give up. A positive attitude helps as much as any medicine.

Related Reading: Betaseron | Tylenol

Comment from: Gina, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 03

I was misdiagnosed with many other illnesses for 18 years, and wrongly treated for them which did a lot of damage. Although at times I experience some mild flu-like symptoms, Betaseron has done an amazing job of slowing the progression down! My current physician's are amazed at how well I am doing since starting treatment. It's a little rough when you start, but hang in there with it if it is a bit' rough. It's worth it! Gina Soriano

Comment from: toliver, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 17

Medicine has worked well for me, but the design of the syringe with attaching vial to mix the medicine together is not so good. Sometimes the pieces will separate and is difficult to keep together. The valve also tends to catch small air bubbles.

Comment from: momecat, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 29

I was diagnosed with MS in June 07 and started on betaseron in July 07. My first few months were horrible. The injections left me with knots and huge red circles at the injection sites. It's been over a year now, and I'm doing much better. I've had 2 relapses since I started the medicine. I find mixing the medicine fairly easy. I hold the syringe in my hand for 2 to 3 minutes before I mix everything. That warms it up to body temperature which is better than a cold injection. I mix for 5 minutes now instead of 3 and that cut down on the burning when I inject. I can't inject into my thighs. It's just too painful. I use the stomach areas and extend around to my hips and butt, saddlebag area! I use the auto injector because I still have a huge needle phobia. I position the injector and close my eyes, then push the button. The side effects for me were minimal. I never did pre medicate despite my beta nurse telling me I should. I inject before going to bed at night, so if there were side effects, I just slept through them. I've had trouble with 1 package where the syringe came apart from the connector to the bottle of medicine. Another syringe was broken, the glass was cracked and one had no needle. All of the defective materials were replaced with no trouble, after a phone call to the pharmacy that ships to me. I am momecat@cox.net

Comment from: Happy Sister, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 26

Have been using Betaseron for 11 years. In that time I have had no new symptoms and only very mild symptoms that were present before Betaseron usage. Bladder problems have increased slightly.

Comment from: TOM, Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 13

I GIVE MYSELF A SUB Q INJECTION EVERY OTHER DAY. SO FAR, AFTER 10 YEARS, I HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED ANY PROBLEMS FROM THE INJECTIONS. I HAVE TO ASSUME IT IS SLOWING DOWN THE PROGRESSION OF MY SECONDARY PRORESSIVE M.S.

Comment from: MSgirl24, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 20

Using the medicine and mixing them medicine is very easy. Everything stays together as long as I take my time. I do get little bubbles but all I have to do is wait a little longer and they will go back up into the medicine jar. I think this new way of mixing the medicine is great. All everyone has to do is take their time.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 14

I have been taking Betaseron since 1996 and I have only had 3 relapses of MS. It has been wonderful and I strongly recommend treatment with Betaseron. It has kept me walking.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 24

This will only be my third shot of Betaseron, I sue the Auto Injector and have found it very easy to use, I have no bad reactions, at all from it, though i tend to give myself bad shots, where i bleed a little, still learning how to do the shots properly

Multiple Sclerosis