Betaseron User Reviews

Betaseron - User Reviews

Betaseron User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Betaseron sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 26

I started taking this medication in Aug 2009 and I haven't felt normal ever since. I get terrible headaches and extreme exhaustion. I feel like I'm in a fog the day after taking this medication. Thank goodness the flu-like symptoms have alleviated somewhat but I still get muscle aches and chills the night of my injections. I'm running out of places to inject myself since I have bruises and welts at the injection sites.

Related Reading: bruises

Comment from: auntfancy, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 04

My injection sites look awful. The redness subsides but I have "bruise marks" that do not go away. Does anyone else have this problem

Comment from: FrancinesAvon@yahoo.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 25

I've been using Betaseron since it first came out. The first few years I used it I would get redness at the injection site which would either hurt or itch. For the last few years I've been getting extremely painful knots. I only inject myself in the stomach because the thighs are too painful, and reaching my butt is awkward. When I went off this medication for about a month several years ago, I noticed a pronounced increase in my MS symptoms. I went back on the Betaseron immediately. I just wish I didn't get the knots. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comment from: glady, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 19

I have used Betaseron since 1995. I did have a relapse in 1996 leaving me semi-paralyzed on the right side. I used a wheelchair in the home. Shortly after the relapse, I returned to walking in the home unaided. I was left to believe that the Betaseron was a help.

Comment from: Cat, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 10

After initial side effects, my symptoms are not so bad, ther has been no MRI evidence of new lesions, I do tend to be a little 'narky' but I guess I would be a whole lot worse without treatment. the injection site can leave nasty bruises, and itch sometimes, again a small price to pay

Comment from: Carole, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 27

I have been on this drug for over a year now and after the initial side effects at first have none now except injection site soreness. Now with the new injector it has improved. I have had one relapse but was over it pretty quickly after steriods. I have started exercising every day and this has improved my well being.

Comment from: lhasalover@netzero.net, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 12

Betaseron has become so easy to mix now, not like the days when I had to mix the vials myself! Now my main problem is finding where to shoot myself. Lhasalover@netzero.net

Comment from: gayleh, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 05

I have been on Betaseron for 16 years. At different times I have had problems with injection site reactions and flu-like symptoms but overall I have remained extremely healthy which I attribute to being on the medication. I feel very fortunate.

Comment from: Adam, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 02

I have used Betaseron for 12 years. I have not had any relapses since my diagnosis that started with double vision. My MRI results have remained stable. I have had injection site problems in my thighs, stomache and arms.

Related Reading: double vision

Comment from: Promiseland, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 27

My experience with this medicine was depression, liver trouble, and flu symptoms. I did not take the meds. very long. About 10 weeks. I could not handle the depression. I went off the meds for 2 week and my liver function returned to normal and the depression lifted. I really tried to stick it out, but I could not live like that. I finally went to copaxone. So far so good.

Related Reading: depression | liver | copaxone