Betaseron User Reviews

Betaseron - User Reviews

Betaseron User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Betaseron sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 25

I was put on betaseron after a horrible post-pregnancy flare-up. My exam, after being on the medication for a couple of month's, was the best I'd had since being diagnosed. However I begab to lose my hair. long story short, I've lost 3/4 of my hair, been taken off this medicine,am being put on Avonex and am praying the hairloss stops and reverses its self. Be careful out there!

Related Reading: pregnancy | Avonex

Comment from: sd_ic, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 30

Have used Betaseron for 4 years since 2004 without serious complications and relatively stable MRI and clinical experience. Starting about 3.5 years, began experiencing significant muscle weakness in my knees and legs and toe numbness in one foot. Is there any documented delayed Betaseroon side effects explaining any of these? Neurology exam followups continue to be reported as clinically stable.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 26

I was hesitant to start this medication and did not like the idea of injections. Have to say I've had very few problems and am in much better shape than I was before--only one very minor relapse in over 3 years. A few side effects have occurred but nothing I can't deal with. You have to take the med as directed and take care of yourself in other aspects of your life, too!

Comment from: Cherise, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 14

I was diagnosed in 2007 and was put on this therapy.I had weight loss,injection site reations. my white cell count and hyb. went down and i had two relapes. my body never went into remission. so in 2008 i was taken off of it. the drug is easy to use and you only have to use it every other day so it wasn't that bad. The doctors and i are still deciding on what therapy to use now. But all i can say is make sure you do lots of reserch before picking a therapy. good luck to everyone

Comment from: ms25, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 19

This drug has been wonderful. However i do experience some brusing and knots at injection sites. I weigh 115 lbs and dont have much fat to inject it into. They are very tender at times.

Multiple Sclerosis